memanpa

Reaction score
i lost a great great grandfather in the civil war
a great grandfather in ww1
2 uncles in ww2
another uncle in korea
cousin in nam
got my butt shot up in nam and came home
got word day before yesterday that lost a 2nd cousin in Irac to a roadside bomb.
i feel i have a reason to be bitter about war, war is hell, been there got shot at and hit saw buddies sent home on a body bag. and for what??

I'LL TELL YOU FOR WHAT
so that all of you can either gripe about the goverment and those who have been elected to serve by the majority, or those that don't gripe, have that right!
so that those of who DISAGREE can do so with out retallation(SP) from the very people they disagree with.
so that we all can sleep soundly at night without the fear of a dictorial goverment deciding we are a threat.
so that i can set here and type a somewhat rambling disertation about freedom while my trembling fingers and crying heart has that right. crying yes for my family that died NOT IN VAIN but died so that we can agree to disagree!
right wrong or indifferent I STILL SUPPORT OUR GOVERENMENT,
i am only writing this to tell you to be thankful you have these freedoms thanks to those that have fallen in tha past as well as those that may fall tommorow, and ask that you SUPPORT THE TROOPS! and OUR GOVERMENT and quit trying to tear it apart with your twisted sense of morality, not pointing fingers because you know who you are!
GOD BLESS AMERICA

for those of you that disgree kiss my A$$

war is awful...even more awful when you're fighting for people that dont support you anyways...I dont believe i've ever been bitter about war though...I can't be bitter about war...it's a part of life...something that has to happen to keep this country safe...if I have to put my life on the line to do that...then so be it...as long as my wife and children and grandchildren can grow up in a free American home...I know I can't keep my children and grandchildren safe all of my life, but 5 of my sons have spend their lives in the military...and now I have 2 grandchildren in the military right now...most people are scared when their children or grandchildren join the military...but it makes me proud...they'll do what they can for this great country...and they know the risks that come with war...

About every branch on my family tree has faught in one war or another. My cousin is leaving for Iraq on July 9th for 18 months. He has a wife and four kids. Wife doesn't have job. He supports the entire famaily. I hate to think what would happen should he not come back

I may not always respect the politics involved, but I always have great respect and admiration for the soldiers and their families. Please accept my sympathies for the loss of your cousin. My son's friend just shipped out for basic training. They graduated from high school a month ago. I get choked up thinking about it. Seems like yesterday they were little boys playing baseball. When did they become men???

I am sorry for the loss of your cousin. But I want to thank you, your other family members, and all those who have served and still serve this country. I have an 18 yr old son who will be leaving in two weeks for USMC boot camp at Parris Island, SC. I am so very proud of him.

memanpa":n12g0hyv said:
2 uncles in ww2
another uncle in korea
cousin in nam
got word day before yesterday that lost a 2nd cousin in Irac to a roadside bomb.
i feel i have a reason to be bitter about war, war is be nice, been there got shot at and hit saw buddies sent home on a body bag. and for what??

I'LL TELL YOU FOR WHAT
so that all of you can either gripe about the goverment and those who have been elected to serve by the majority, or those that don't gripe, have that right!
so that those of who DISAGREE can do so with out retallation(SP) from the very people they disagree with.
so that we all can sleep soundly at night without the fear of a dictorial goverment deciding we are a threat.
so that i can set here and type a somewhat rambling disertation about freedom while my trembling fingers and crying heart has that right. crying yes for my family that died NOT IN VAIN but died so that we can agree to disagree!
i am only writing this to tell you to be thankful you have these freedoms thanks to those that have fallen in tha past as well as those that may fall tommorow, and ask that you SUPPORT THE TROOPS! and OUR GOVERMENT and quit trying to tear it apart with your twisted sense of morality, not pointing fingers because you know who you are!
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Well Freedom is not free Thank God we have had men willing to die to defend it.
My family has served in every war this nation has fought from the Revolutionary War to this one.
The majority of Americans are good patriotic people.
America as we know it will not last if something is not done to the liberal run media that is brainwashing our younger generations.
Hitler and Tojo would be ruling the world right now had they came along 50 years later with the American media of today.

Caustic Burno":3tftsl8y said:
memanpa":3tftsl8y said:
2 uncles in ww2
another uncle in korea
cousin in nam
i feel i have a reason to be bitter about war, war is be nice, been there got shot at and hit saw buddies sent home on a body bag. and for what??

I'LL TELL YOU FOR WHAT
GOD BLESS AMERICA

My family has served in every war this nation has fought from the Revolutionary War to this one.
America as we know it will not last if something is not done to the liberal run media that is brainwashing our younger generations.
Hitler and Tojo would be ruling the world right now had they came along 50 years later with the American media of today.

Amen!

My family have served in all the wars we have had along the way, as far back as I have gone in my family history, that is about 1548. I know what you mean about your Country not being your own. Caustic I have to agree with you here.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin Memanpa.

God Bless all the troops and hope they keep safe.

Caustic Burno":t1han66k said:
memanpa":t1han66k said:
2 uncles in ww2
another uncle in korea
cousin in nam

I'LL TELL YOU FOR WHAT
GOD BLESS AMERICA

America as we know it wont last even if there IS something done about it...the America I was born in, back in the 40's seems like a whole different country than it is now...this country will always be changing...whether it changes for the better or for the worse...I guess that just depends on what the people want...I actually feel sorry for the future generations that will have to live in an overpopulated, urban world...but that's what people want...more cities, more urbanization...I like walking around outside and breathing fresh mountain air...not thick smog...but how long will the fresh air last?...sooner or later...America is just going to be one big neighborhood...no large spreads of land...I just hope that I aint still around to see all this great land dug up and houses put everywhere all over the land that has been passed down in my family for hundreds of years...we care more about getting a good government set up in Iraq than we care about our own government...I love this country but I think big changes are needed to preserve the greatness of our country

Heritage_Farmboy":1t2fxdul said:
Caustic Burno":1t2fxdul said:

America as we know it wont last even if there IS something done about it...the America I was born in, back in the 40's seems like a whole different country than it is now...this country will always be changing...whether it changes for the better or for the worse...I guess that just depends on what the people want...I actually feel sorry for the future generations that will have to live in an overpopulated, urban world...but that's what people want...more cities, more urbanization...I like walking around outside and breathing fresh mountain air...not thick smog...but how long will the fresh air last?...sooner or later...America is just going to be one big neighborhood...no large spreads of land...I just hope that I aint still around to see all this great land dug up and houses put everywhere all over the land that has been passed down in my family for hundreds of years...we care more about getting a good government set up in Iraq than we care about our own government...I love this country but I think big changes are needed to preserve the greatness of our country

I agree totally and completely 100%. And am thankful for those who have and continue to serve in our military.

Katherine

memanpa,

Thank you for your service. I was in just after Vietnam ('76-'79). I have always looked to you guys and admired your sacrifice, even before it was in style to do so.

Semper Fi :D

memanpa...what unit were you in?...if you dont mind me asking...I spent the first year with the 11th Armored Calvary Regiment...spent the next few years in the 5th Special Forces Airborne...the greatest and most trustworthy men i've ever met in my life...took a few bullets to the right leg on a recon mission in '70...went home for a while and finally got shipped out with the 75th Ranger Regiment around '72...fought with them til around mid '74...it's good to meet another Nam Vet

Take care

yea war sucks...my daughter called today and told me that one of her friends from high school was killed yesterday in Iraq, he was a good kid that grew into a good man, he leaves a wife and a 2 year old daughter. He was only 24 years old.