War Games

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Lots of training going on now. Snapped this shot as they flew over me today. They hovered for about 15 minutes then darted away and a C130 came over the spot they had been at. I assume they were marking drop zones. Cool stuff. A-10's were in full force too. I'm close enough to the target range I could hear the burrrr of their guns. Occassionally even thought I heard a whump of something really nice. Haven't seen them this geared up since just before Iraq.

IMG_3487.jpg

I'm about 110 miles from Benning but only a few from Moody AFB. I'm actually within their restricted flight zones.

I am within a couple miles of Arnold Air Force Base. It is home to Arnold Engineering Development Center. Some real wierd stuff gets designed and built there for NASA and the Armed Forces. My farm must be a within the direct approach zone of the base cause I've had Cobras, Blackhawks, Chinooks, C130's and other unidentified aircraft fly low and slow over me. They are cool to watch though.

Hoss, not far from the camp there is a dirt road that leads to the border of the bombing range. When they are flying good, you can pull to this gate and watch them come over on their final gun approach. I love to watch the A10's cause it seems when they fire the plane almost stops in the air. A few years ago a firefighter caught one in the gut from a richocete. He was two miles from the target and sitting in his truck. He actually lived.

HS, I think the concern is Pakistan. Nuts are close to the capital and if the capital falls that would mean a nuclear country will be controlled by al-Qaeda and I don't think even Pelosi will stand for this. JMO (edit - but she never ceases to amaze me)

Jogeephus":3u1wjsx2 said:
Hoss, not far from the camp there is a dirt road that leads to the border of the bombing range. When they are flying good, you can pull to this gate and watch them come over on their final gun approach. I love to watch the A10's cause it seems when they fire the plane almost stops in the air. A few years ago a firefighter caught one in the gut from a richocete. He was two miles from the target and sitting in his truck. He actually lived.

HS, I think the concern is Pakistan. Nuts are close to the capital and if the capital falls that would mean a nuclear country will be controlled by al-Qaeda and I don't think even Pelosi will stand for this. JMO (edit - but she never ceases to amaze me)

Hillary is the person not Pelosi. Do a search for slick Willie and the people mysteriously...er uh..passing. Then try to find info on his father.

The boom for fueling is what the stick thing is. The round thing is called the flear. Forward looking infrared. The helicopter is a HH60 Pavehawk - if it were army it would be a blackhawk.

kenny thomas":21koc53r said:
Maybe they are from Tennessee and checking out your cows. Making sure you are on the 15 month system.

They might be looking for something else too. Have a little trouble with victory gardeners on the farm cause you can't fly over it without permission and they don't grant this very easily.

Jogeephus":16qyevdw said:
The boom for fueling is what the stick thing is. The round thing is called the flear. Forward looking infrared. The helicopter is a HH60 Pavehawk - if it were army it would be a blackhawk.

Thanks. I've never known what that was.
As the weather moves into Spring and Summer, the military runs more exercises. Not sure it means anything more than that. Hope not.

john250":hsv11yyq said:
Jogeephus":hsv11yyq said:

As the weather moves into Spring and Summer, the military runs more exercises. Not sure it means anything more than that. Hope not.

You are probably right. Gotta spend it or lose it. But keep your eye on Pakistan. Things are getting rather dicey there now and I doubt the west will let it fall into the hands of the nut cases.

HerefordSire":11u82fc0 said:
Jogeephus":11u82fc0 said:

Hillary is the person not Pelosi. Do a search for slick Willie and the people mysteriously...er uh..passing. Then try to find info on his father.
There is a long list of dead people in their wake.

Jogeephus":2o26ft0z said:
john250":2o26ft0z said:
Jogeephus":2o26ft0z said:

You are probably right. Gotta spend it or lose it. But keep your eye on Pakistan. Things are getting rather dicey there now and I doubt the west will let it fall into the hands of the nut cases.
As opposed to the nut cases running the west? It's getting sad.

This is probably borderline political, but the USA's (add the UK into the equation as well) efforts to "save the world" would just be much more believable if they were willing to act on Mugabe reign of terror in Zimbabwe. The main difference is Zimbabwe has been stripped clean in the colonial era and don't have as much to offer as the Middle East has.

Since they have the choppers and jets all warmed up they might as well do a few trips over the Somalian coastline and get rid of that nuisance as well.

We had about 20 of them do a flyover of our place a few weeks ago, heading back towards you Jo. You can hear them coming a long time before you actually see them.

grannysoo":3cxkki2j said:
We had about 20 of them do a flyover of our place a few weeks ago, heading back towards you Jo. You can hear them coming a long time before you actually see them.

About 2 maybe 3 weeks ago they were having a week long operational readiness drill. Lots of activity that week.

Latest posts