Wanted to shaere

Help Support CattleToday:

Dogs and Cows":1cfxzsiy said:
Because I am a very proud father. I don't usually share personal things online...but I am wanting to in this case. 4 weeks ago my son went to basic training in the US Air Force in Texas. He had completed a 2 year degree at the local community college and decided that school was really not for him. The last few years have been a challenge for him and I as we didn't seem to see eye to eye on many things...about the only thing we could really communicate about was our love for hockey. So 4 weeks ago we dropped him off at MEPs and said our good byes. My wife was a mess, and I must admit it was a little tough on me too. Yesterday we got a letter from him and he is loving the Air Force. The physical aspect is no problem for him as he has always been in very good condition. He told his mother and I that he has never been so proud as when he officially got his military clothing and put it on. He said he is surprising himself with how much pride he feels. He is going to be moving into intelligence work following training. He has always been good with computers.

Anyway, We are very happy in this house to be the parents of a young man serving his country with pride.

Thanks for letting me brag even though its not a lot to brag about LOL.

Tim

Tim I had one that I wasn't sure the boy was going to survive or I wasn't going to prison.
He went in the Air Force became part CCT best thing that ever happened to my son. The Air Force wanted him to go to the Academy in which he had no interest at all. Dummy declined their offer.
Long story short it gave him direction and he is my most successful child today.

Congratulations I know how you feel on this one as I have walked the same trail.

Thanks for sharing. I have a couple in the Army myself and 2 of the most memorable days of my life are watching them graduate from Basic Training.

It's a way different deal sending them into the military than to college. My oldest was my little girl and I knew when she left, we would rarely see her for the next 5 years and it was really tough the day she left. When we dropped off our other 2 kids at college, my wife would cry the whole way home, but when we dropped the 2 off at Basic Training, my wife would cry all summer.

God Bless your son and you and your wife!

I went to AF basic training in July '79. Was the best decision I ever made at that time in my life. It made me mature quickly. It gives you purpose and goals. It will be nothing but good for him as long as he keeps his nose clean while he's in the military. You and your wife should be extremely proud. Congratulations

Congratulations. The USAF served me extremely well. Great opportunities for growth, maturity and education. Intelligence is an outstanding field. Had a buddy who crosstrained into it from air traffic and loved it.

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high, into the sun..."

Latest posts