WANTED CALF WARMER

Help Support CattleToday:

annette

Reaction score
We just started into purebred red angus this year. And of course they are to start calving in January. Which is fine, but we live in Alberta. Does anyone have a calf warmer for sale. We are wanting one ASAP

Try UFA. We don't use them, if a calf is cold they come into the truck, if they are really cold then they go to the house. Hope you find one and good luck on your first calving season, how many cows do you have?

What about using some of Crowder's extra wimmins?!?!?
The could keep anything warm.

We have a pump house that is heated that we have used in the past, but heard the calf warmers are the answer. We have 40 commercial cows, and purchased 16 purebred angus this year. Should be fun!!

Crowderfarms":kl2a3e1o said:
annette":kl2a3e1o said:
What is Crowder extra wimmins?

It's a new patented device company NOT available in any store.

JW is one of my well lets just say, "Associates"

Mihgt be cheaper to buy a calf warmer rather than all the groceries required.

Annette,

Couldn't help notice you are fairly new to the boards - you will learn to appreciate our humor, or you may learn to hate it!!

But, we welcome you which ever way you learn!!!

annette":1215a4et said:
We have a pump house that is heated that we have used in the past, but heard the calf warmers are the answer. We have 40 commercial cows, and purchased 16 purebred angus this year. Should be fun!!

Sorry, I hope you didn't find it rude asking how many cows you have, just wondered if you were completely new to the business. :oops:
Sounds like you are doing similar to what we are doing. Two years ago we went out and got 6 bred heifers (registered red angus) and 2 heifer calves to go along with our commmercial herd. We've bought more and had a few heifer calves to keep so we now have nearly 30 of them and a bunch of commercial We are cutting down our commercial herd with the goal of ending up with nothing but the purebreds. We've had a lot of fun,the cows are great and the people in the red angus are just really nice.
Hope you find your calf warmer. Let me know if it does work really well, if it's worth it then it might be something to buy. Have a Merry Christmas Annette

The calf warmers are kind of spendy at the TSC, hopefully you find a used one. You could make one. I know there are patterns for the ones that look like a dog house, but I am not real handy with power tools. I made mine out of an small old tank that some crop fertilizer came in. It's smaller than the ones that slide into the back of the pickup for hauling water, but same design. I cut out the bottom, attatched "tender foot" thing that are used for hog barns to a small pallet, and bought the replacement heater for the calf warner and just slide the heater under the pallet. Just put the calf on the pallet put the "warmer" over him, and plug in the heater. And you have the screw off top to peek inside to see how he's doing.

These guys are in Saskatchewan. I think we got our calf warmer when they came to Alberta during some Agriculture exhibit. http://www.koendersmfg.com/live.html These calf warmers work off 110 whereas the ones at UFA work off 220.

You could contact them to see who may be dealers for them in Alberta. While you are at it, buy yourself a calf sled... get the one with tall sides. Both pieces will pay for themselves over and over again. ;-)

Latest posts