Want to move to Montana???

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
Angus Ranch Hand / 3014781
Wage: $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 Monthly Location: RONAN, LAKE, MT, 59864 Posted: 11/9/2006
Cattle ranch in Ronan area is seeking a full time ranch hand. Previous ranch experience and driv...
Wage $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 Monthly Location RONAN, LAKE, MT, 59864
Cattle ranch in Ronan area is seeking a full time ranch hand. Previous ranch experience and drivers license is required. This is a 250 head cattle ranch. Duties will include general farm and ranch work including feeding cattle, riding, calving, irrigation, fencing, haying, branding, doctoring livestock, tractor operation, etc. Must be able to operate all farm machinery. Employer stresses drug and alcohol free environment. Small three bedroom house is available. Wage $1200/mo or more depending on experience plus housing, only standard deductions will apply. Must be physically able to work in all weather conditions, able to lift up to 100 lb hay bales. Ranch is located approximately 4 miles south of Ronan on Highway 93, turn right on Duck Road 3.5 miles. Ranch is on the left.

We specialize here.... I wonder if you would qualify if you only have Long Horn experience???

If I'd have seen that 10 years ago, they would have had my application on their door step.

MillIronQH":1xhm78ne said:
Having spent a few winters chopping ice and feeding in snowstorms in that country I believe I'll pass.Z
Well now there a few positives about living up north...
1. Due to the "Freezer Effect" we only age 75% of the southern folks.
2. Left overs and roadkill will stay fresh for days, weeks, and sometimes even months when left in you rig....
3. When you go to COSTCO, you only need to bring an ice chest if you have items that you want to keep from freezing!

Just Curious":2vjgcp97 said:
MillIronQH":2vjgcp97 said:
Having spent a few winters chopping ice and feeding in snowstorms in that country I believe I'll pass.Z
Well now there a few positives about living up north...
1. Due to the "Freezer Effect" we only age 75% of the southern folks.
2. Left overs and roadkill will stay fresh for days, weeks, and sometimes even months when left in you rig....
3. When you go to COSTCO, you only need to bring an ice chest if you have items that you want to keep from freezing!

negatory on one of them....the metabolism of a yank is 150% higher than a good southern gal just so they can stay warm, so they age a lot quicker ;-)
also, most road kill up there ain't even found before may or so.

I was in Montana, N.D., and S.D. a couple weeks ago and I learned 2 things in a hurry. One McDonald's are 100 miles apart, not on every corner like here in the east. But thats ok every body drives 150 mph, takes no time find a restroom. :D

Make sure your fuel tank is full before dark on sunday evening or you will be sleeping in your car. :lol: :lol:

Need to let folks know that Ronan is a pretty big town...has stop light(s) and everything.
And real near all that recreation and on a big weekend you can go all the way to Missoula or Kalispell to go shopping.
Just funnin 'ya, have a friend that took a job in Ronam a few years ago.
DMc

Nice area, but too many people for me up there that close to Flathead Lake. I've been looking at moving back to Montana from eastern WA, but I can't find a job that pays what I'm making. The winters is what I miss the most people think I'm crazy. At least in Montana during the winter the sky is clear and crisp even though it's cold. Washington is alway cloudy and rainy, can't stand that.

Bobg

if the hubby were not so engrossed in continuing the lease on this place, the offer would sound downright good!! Got some ranches around here with starting salary $1500 with benefits such as insurance after 1 year, a beef a year, housing with all the utilities and basic phone service, paid vacation and company rig!! 8)

Latest posts