want to learn

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello:

My name is mike. I am looking for some help on cattle raising,Let me tell you why.I have three sons, two twins 10 year olds, and one 7 year old. We live in the city of tulsa and I want to teach them the value of farm life. I was raised in a small town with heavy farming background but my father chose not to do that with his life. He still gave me the opportunity to see what it was like. I would like to do the same with my kids but need more info. for them. Is there any place I can go to find info. about raising a calf from wean to slaughter I have planed to buy a calf and raise it soon, with a friend that lives on an acreage. He has done this before so we are not totally in the dark. I think this would be a good learning experience for the boys plus the benefit of having some good beef for supper.

thanks for any help. City slicker Mike <A HREF="mailto:([email protected]">([email protected]</A>)

[email protected]

I am living in Stillwater, I am a college student here. I was raised and still help with my parents farm. If you have any specific questions I can try to help you?

[email protected]

>> Check around for a local 4-H club. An excellent learning adventure for all kids. They can pursue agricultural related fields if that is what they are intrested in like horses, cattle, sheep swine, poultry, rabbits, etc. Or many other areas such as sewing, photography, model rocketry, painting, gardening, you name it.