Wannabe Cowboys

Help Support CattleToday:

Should people have to take a competency test before owing cattle?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BLACKPOWER

Reaction score
I've read some pretty ignorant posts on this board where people are asking questions about situations that need to be solved in a matter of minutes. Is it fair for these cattle to be owned by ignorant people? I think not, legal action should be brought on people who can't idnetify labor difficulties.

I think people should take a competency test before becoming parents! That and showing some kind of financial responsibility! Why is it you have to take a test to get a drivers liscense, but anyone can have babies?

eric":kpg99ro1 said:
I think people should take a competency test before becoming parents! That and showing some kind of financial responsibility! Why is it you have to take a test to get a drivers liscense, but anyone can have babies?

I agree but stick to the dam topic.

I don't know about a competency test for people owing cattle but maybe for people owning cattle.

There is also the "legal action should be brought on people who can't ""idnetify"" labor difficulties". Maybe legal action could be taken against people who can't spell or at least they should have to take a spelling test before owning a computer. Oh, there is that spell check thing. I guess he forgot that.
People who don't know the answers come here looking for advise. Maybe we should send BP to a "Beginners" board on computer use, spelling, and manners.

Dave

Dave":3o6098xs said:
There is also the "legal action should be brought on people who can't ""idnetify"" labor difficulties". Maybe legal action could be taken against people who can't spell or at least they should have to take a spelling test before owning a computer. Oh, there is that spell check thing. I guess he forgot that.
People who don't know the answers come here looking for advise. Maybe we should send BP to a "Beginners" board on computer use, spelling, and manners.

Dave
Do You know of one?
It would probaly do me some good.
I know less about computers than I know about cattle,

There is a difference between not knowing, and not learning! Some experts seem to know everything YET, learn nothing.

The only stupid questions is one that is not asked - even after the fact.

What ever happened to respect! or the old saying, if you can't say something nice about some one - SHUT THE HELL UP!

Alex

Sorry I don't know of one, it was just a suggestion. Actually I could use one too. I think you have to go to East Africa to find someone more computer illiterate than I am. Well maybe only to Nebraska. I do know how to use spell check.
Dave

BP were u born knowing everthing about cattle? No I think not. U had ta learn. So why wont u give others the same oppertunity! Thats why this board was created so people could learn. Say what u wanna back but thats the truth and the truth hurts so let it burn.

Roy E. Mosley Jr.":1qijr8kv said:
BP were u born knowing everthing about cattle? No I think not. U had ta learn. So why wont u give others the same oppertunity! Thats why this board was created so people could learn. Say what u wanna back but thats the truth and the truth hurts so let it burn.

Oppertunity??? Spelling??? Comment on the content, not a typo thats clearly unintentional. Ta learn?? Are you black Home boy?? I just had to axe.

Dave":1f7uh5dn said:
Sorry I don't know of one, it was just a suggestion. Actually I could use one too. I think you have to go to East Africa to find someone more computer illiterate than I am. Well maybe only to Nebraska. I do know how to use spell check.
Dave

If you spell damn in it's usual context it comes out like:

I don't give a damn what Dave has to say about Nebraska cattle.
Nebraska cattlemen don't give a damn what Dave has to say about them.
Dave is nothing more than a damn joke farmer to real cattlemen.

I don't recall saying anything about Nebraska cattle in any of my posts. My coment had to do with someone in Nebraska not knowing how to use spell check. As for me being "nothing more than a be nice joke farmer to real cattlemen". I would ask what this is based on. You know absolutely nothing about me and/or my education, experience, or knowledge in the cattle industry.
I could write my bio here and we could compare qualifications, but this isn't doing any beginner who might log on looking for advice any good so I will quit this thread.
Dave

at least BP will put his name on his posts . unlike the many guest in here.. :idea: you should at least know what to feed a cow,horse.dog before you own one........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Macon stated a month or so ago that after he had 500 Registered participants that he may make it mandatory to be registered to be able to post.

That would lend a lot of creditubility to the board.

Wow, now I'm scared. I was told if you wanted a safe place to ask questions about cattle and the problems that go with that this was a great place. I thought that people who raise cattle were different somehow than regular folks that dwell on computers, TV, cell phones, pagers... That they were a forgiving group that wanted to help their neighbor with his animal problems and in so doing help himself or just give back a bit. I will be the first to admit that I don't know squat about raising cattle...However I'm a nurse and I can tell when an animal is in distress. I love these beasts and how they make me feel. At the end of the day everything feels right if I can just stand and gaze over the fence at them. I'm trying to learn and I want to learn. I felt like this place was part of that process. Is it? or am I just irritating someone?

The last time I called the vet, it took him 13 hours to get out to my place from the time I called. Having a second opinion on a situation you may be unfamiliar with is always helpful.

I do not beleive people should have to take a test.If that requirement was imposed,where would it stop? Next you would have to take a test to own a dog. I would think however,that there would be a market for readily available information, such as the Storey books on how to raise just about anything have proven.

Cattle Girl":5wve2ao7 said:
Wow, now I'm scared. I was told if you wanted a safe place to ask questions about cattle and the problems that go with that this was a great place. I thought that people who raise cattle were different somehow than regular folks that dwell on computers, TV, cell phones, pagers... That they were a forgiving group that wanted to help their neighbor with his animal problems and in so doing help himself or just give back a bit. I will be the first to admit that I don't know squat about raising cattle...However I'm a nurse and I can tell when an animal is in distress. I love these beasts and how they make me feel. At the end of the day everything feels right if I can just stand and gaze over the fence at them. I'm trying to learn and I want to learn. I felt like this place was part of that process. Is it? or am I just irritating someone?
I don't think that you have to be scared. Most people on this board are still learning. Most of the experienced cattle people are still learning also and want to help the newcomers. Most would probaly go out of their way to help a person that is new to the business without accepting any pay.
If a person doesn't love the cattle industry he/she shouldn't be in it.
You are not irritating me and if you want to eMaiil me I can tell you of several others that feel the same way that I do. :) :) :) :D :D

Been around cattle and horses for over 50 years and every day I learn something new. Nothing in the business is set in stone- what will work for some, won't for others. Book learning is geat, but experience you remember.

Latest posts