Wanna take a guess?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwriter

Reaction score
Anybody out there want to guess what breed crossing produced this cutie? I'm thinking you'd be surprised...
She's just shy of three months in this photo.

Swedish fjall (dairy), galloway, longhorn, white park, speckle park, shorthorn, corriente, mertolenga, alentejana ?

I don't know what she is, but once you figure it out, let me know. I bought a cow that looks so much like her, I would think she is her mother.

Okay, believe it or not, this little darling is 3/4 black angus 1/4 longhorn. Grand dam full longhorn bred to a black angus bull to produce 1/2 longhorn 1/2 angus dam who was then bred to another black angus bull. I'll try to post photos of dam and grand dam later. Thanks for playing everybody! :D

03_18_07_1022.jpg
looks like a twin,lol

It's tough to get that longhorn influence bred out. A friend use Angus bulls on cattle that were several generations removed from pure Longhorn and still got an occasional spotted calf. He'd sell that calf separately from the solid black ones. But it's a cute calf. ;-)

updated picture - mainly because I've been having problems posting pics and I'm troubleshooting.
Copy_of_07-08_cows_026.jpg

here goes nothing!

Latest posts