Walking through the mine field **Edited**

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
I have had it worse in the past when folks close to me died and were having other sort of bad trouble.

It seems that I am walking in a mine field again. Folks dropping left and right.

Bosses wife- pancreatic cancer ... going to MD Anderson 7/21
Uncle- stroke ... recovering
co worker- parents head on collision .... ICU
work acquaintance- head on collision ... DOA ... person in other car passed away
Wife's best friends oldest child- boating accident .... life flighted out 3 hours ago. Reports seem encouraging
Cousin going for bone marrow biopsy Thursday.

It has been a rough 2 weeks for some I know. I wish life wasn't quite so sudden and pray for the folks that have been touched by these events.

A worse minefield is when people your age are starting to die at a fairly regular rate. But a spate of deaths is alwasy bound to make you think about your own mortality.

Hope things go to looking better soon. Hope the injured have a speedy recovery,and the one that passed on is in the arms of the lord.

Pray to God is all you can do--- Obey him and He will hear you !
The Lord is Good,a strong hold in the day of trouble, and He knoweth them that trust in Him--- Nahum 1:7 :)

sorry your having to go though all of that.its not easy when you go through that.it makes you wonder what in the world is going on.

What is that saying.... God gives you only as much as you can handle. I the same as you WW have often thought please no more, I cannot handle anymore grief or pain, but then things get easier and a little better and we go on.

Good luck and I wish all of your friends and loved ones good health and speedy recoveries. Sometimes all we have is faith.

Wewild":6rjq5mf5 said:
I wish life wasn't quite so sudden and pray for the folks that have been touched by these events.

I know what you mean but on the otherhand if it wasn't for the hardships and misfortunes in life we would not appreciate the many good things life puts in front of us. Without the forging of the steel the steel would be weak. I pray that you will be strong and help others be strong as well. JMHO

I have lost so many good friends the last 3 years I don't even count any more.

One thing it does for me at least is give me a sense of urgency about the things I want/need to do.

It also makes me look at those who are consistantly good to me with more affection every day.

talldog":1u8wknq8 said:
Pray to God is all you can do--- Obey him and He will hear you !
The Lord is Good,a strong hold in the day of trouble, and He knoweth them that trust in Him--- Nahum 1:7 :)

Amen all he have is this very minute nothing else is promised.

3waycross":2iy0twbm said:
One thing it does for me at least is give me a sense of urgency about the things I want/need to do.

It also makes me look at those who are consistently good to me with more affection every day.

I couldn't agree more.

dun":2hycgm6v said:
A worse minefield is when people your age are starting to die at a fairly regular rate. But a spate of deaths is always bound to make you think about your own mortality.

My mother makes similar comments about the age thing. All very true.

Thanks for the thoughts for those that have issues that they are dealing with presently. I am the least in need.

Wewild":3isjpf1c said:
dun":3isjpf1c said:
A worse minefield is when people your age are starting to die at a fairly regular rate. But a spate of deaths is always bound to make you think about your own mortality.

My mother makes similar comments about the age thing. All very true.

When my sister turned 40 it took her 6 months to recover from it. She was so old according to her. She asked my mother, 80 something at the time, which birthday bothered her. She said the first one she isn;t alive for.
I went through the same deal with close friedns dying in pretty close succession. I made the pledge to myslef to make a point of visiting the people that were important to me at least once a month and to let them know they were important to me. Worked great till we relocated to MO. But the people here that are important to me and are here I make a point of seeing at least once a month.

It's tough. Feels like the very ground has gone out from under you. All you can do is go on day by day,doing the best you can.Be ready to give and get hugs,those mean a lot more than one would think. Pray for strenth to go on. Know that you are loved

Latest posts