walking in the woods?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What do you all think are the chances of someone walking in the woods now, and getting attacked by the bucks rutting?

JUst curious

GMN

If they keep tearing down the electric fence everyday with their sexual escapades there's a chance I'll be carrying a gun to give them a clear deadly message. We've repaired electric fence twice this week in a wooded area because of deer running through it. The fence is strong wire. So we take the dog along hoping to keep them away.

Highly unlikely. Odds are better that a sow will get you if you happen on her young. They can get pretty upset. Happened to me once and I was very concerned. She got a face full of blue paint. :lol:

GMN":2v6m35gw said:
What do you all think are the chances of someone walking in the woods now, and getting attacked by the bucks rutting?

JUst curious

GMN

No one can answer that with any certainty.

Why don't you pour some "Doe-N-Heat" all over yourself, talk a walk and let us know? :lol:

very unlikely that a deer would attack you.but it could happen.now wild hogs are differant.they will attack you anytime your out in the woods.better keep a gun with you.

I was attacked in '97. Literally. There is a very long story to be told and I've told it before so I won't bother you with the details. But here is the problem:

Tree huggers will take an orphan buck and raise it on a bottle. He's a cute little pet and they think it is the greatest. What they have done is to create a potential killer. That deer has no fear of humans. All year long everything is okay but when the rut hits, he doesn't want anything in his territory.

People are killed or injured by deer every year. Usually it is someone who has raised a "pet" and turned it loose. Fish and game departments will raise orphan deer but they are not exposed to human contact.

Normal deer in the wild are not a problem. If I know of anyone raising a BUCK on a bottle, I would report it. Otherwise some child will likely get harmed. :mad:

If you have never had a buck fight you, you'd almost think you had a dog growling. They will lay their ears back and strike you with front feet and try crashing their horns down upon you. They are very quick and agile. It is nothing like cattle attacking you.

backhoeboogie":2n1y5odu said:
I was attacked in '97. Literally. There is a very long story to be told and I've told it before so I won't bother you with the details. But here is the problem:

Tree huggers will take an orphan buck and raise it on a bottle. He's a cute little pet and they think it is the greatest. What they have done is to create a potential killer. That deer has no fear of humans. All year long everything is okay but when the rut hits, he doesn't want anything in his territory.

People are killed or injured by deer every year. Usually it is someone who has raised a "pet" and turned it loose. Fish and game departments will raise orphan deer but they are not exposed to human contact.

Normal deer in the wild are not a problem. If I know of anyone raising a BUCK on a bottle, I would report it. Otherwise some child will likely get harmed. :mad:

If you have never had a buck fight you, you'd almost think you had a dog growling. They will lay their ears back and strike you with front feet and try crashing their horns down upon you. They are very quick and agile. It is nothing like cattle attacking you.

That is what I heard that deer have hooves that feel like razors, and lets face it they are big animals.

I got waylaid, knocked out cold from a deer, while on a bike ride many years ago, but that was different and I have no memory of it happening.

Just curious, time is limited for walking in the woods anyways, with deer hunting right around the corner.

GMN

Latest posts