Waiting on 2006 foals

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Getting excited just thinking about the two foals expecting in a couple of months. Anyway, had some time on my hands, so I wanted to post some pics of my 2005 foal. He'll be a year on March 30th. He's starting to gray out already. I know most people here prefer Quarterhorses, but I've always liked Arabians as well.

2005 Arabian colt day of birth
BLACKCOLT2.jpg

1 week later
2005colt.jpg

Nice foal...talk about legs! Amazing how much they change, even in a week or so. How 'bout putting up a picture of him now? Do you keep a stallion on your place?

Eleven months is a long wait for foals isn't it? Donkeys can be 11-1/2 to 13 months, usually right around 12, but a very long wait.

My Half Arab mare always went over due (always went nearly 12 months!) with her foals.
Your guy is a beauty! Makes me miss my horses!

I love those babies, I had and work with Arabs for years. As I get old(er) I enjoy the horses that aren't so hot. One of my favorite colors on a horse is the dark steel gray when the mane and tail are still dark. Nice foal, you got me excited about my foal do in April.

Alan

Gale Seddon":3ppza8w5 said:
Do you keep a stallion on your place?

No I don't really have the time or facilities to keep a stallion. I have two broodmares that I bring to an Arabian farm about 45 miles away every year for breeding. I'll try to get a couple pics of him now. He's so nice looking, makes me wish I could keep a stallion, but he'll have to go in the next several months. He'll make someone a nice stallion, but I'm reluctant to sell.

Gale asked for a pic of him now. Well here he is at 9 months:

Stepping - he's got a beautiful trot
coltstepping.jpg

his full sister 2004 filly - she will show this year
fullsister.jpg

Take care and good luck over the next couple of months to everyone!

Thanks Cypressfarms, yes, there's always something about an Arabian's "carriage" that stands out! (I think it's in the tail.) Very nice! Interesting that his full sister is a chestnut...he will be gray when he's grown, correct? It's great to watch them grow, isn't it, but foals (and calves and puppies, kittens, even children) are such wonders. Appreciate them even more as I grow older. Thanks for posting a current picture!

Gale Seddon":2e70zh7i said:
Thanks Cypressfarms, yes, there's always something about an Arabian's "carriage" that stands out! (I think it's in the tail.) Very nice! Interesting that his full sister is a chestnut...he will be gray when he's grown, correct? It's great to watch them grow, isn't it, but foals (and calves and puppies, kittens, even children) are such wonders. Appreciate them even more as I grow older. Thanks for posting a current picture!

His sire was solid black then slowly grayed out. He's 6 now and about 1/2 gray 1/2 black. Don't know if the colt will turn out like the sire, will be flea bitten like his mom, or be dapple colored. Your right about the sister. She's the only chestnut that the mare (The mare is 14) I have has thrown, and the only chestnut the stallion has thrown. Her mane and tail is lighter. She's a sweety. Injured her lip bad last year, I nursed her back and she's great now. Everyone that sees her says she has potential in the show ring. We'll see.

Halter. She's still much too young to ride.

I have a friend who owns an Arabian farm close to me. He did three months of training for me last spring, and I am planning on taking her back to him again this Feb or so. There is a big Arabian show in late March here, so that may be her first show.

He would show her for me. I'm not experienced at all at showing. I'd rather be in the stands and cheer her on.

funny how the coulurs turn out. we have a colt that is now 1 and a half and still pure black. even his tail so we think he might stay that way, theres not even any lighter bits on him. his mums dark grey and his dads chestnut so he was always gonna have dark coulures but pure black was not what we were expecting.

pretty filly by the way whats her nature like. I dont know what you use your horses hor but i think shed make a nice dressage horse

sweetyp":2tnaqlkm said:
pretty filly by the way whats her nature like. I dont know what you use your horses hor but i think shed make a nice dressage horse

She is very good natured. Her mom, the flea bitten mare pictured is probably one of the most friendliest horses I've been around.

The filly just loves people; she rather come to the fence and wait for me than be with the other horses. Ever since her injury we have become best friends. She is very willing to please, and has the conformation and movement I like in an Arabian. Hopefully she will show as well. I will most likely use her on my cattle farm to be a cow horse and just a general riding country horse. I also love showing people that Arabians can do anything. Had someone over just a couple of months ago that said "all arabians are scared of water", so I lead her through a ditch in the area up to my chest, and she didn't even balk, she enjoyed it.

Latest posts