Waiting for pics..

Help Support CattleToday:

Well for Petes Sake ~ they are still kinda ugly. I will post, and you will see. They are going in about an hour to get their little tails hacked off and dews done. :cry2: I will do an update post in 3-4 weeks ~ it is amazing how they change. Beautiful pups. Born Monday night. The pics are of the pups at a day old.

006_20.jpg

005_21.jpg

004_22.jpg

Australian shepherds...I've always wanted one of them and was wondering how yall think they would do in the SE texas summer heat? would you have to get their coat trimmed/cut before every summer?

There is conflict on this discussion as to whether or not to cut their hair. Some firmly believe that it acts as an insulator keeping the dog not only warm in the winter, but also cool in the summer. I have no idea what your heat is like. Personally, I would trim/cut it, not so short that you have to worry about sun burn though. :help: As far as the dogs themselves, I cannot say enough about what fine all around animals they are. Extremely smart and inherently motivated to please.

Tails and dews are gone now! Vet asked me if I would mind staying to help hold them. I said "Yep. I'd mind that." :lol2: Waited with Ruby outside.

angie!!!!! Wow, great job Ruby!!! They are beautiful, how could you say they are ugly?? You didn't let Mom hear ya saying that did ya!?
I have a funny story/memory about puppies getting their tails docked......

those are some cute puppies even tho they are a day old.the only time we trim our aussie coat is to get the dang cockle burrs out.im in northeast tx an it gets real hot here.an my aussie takes the heat real good.when she gets hot she will go jump in the pool to cool off.but man does she stink doing that.

How much do you want for that little black one? (Assuming that the pups are from working lines) I just found my brothers birthday present!!! :)

FarmGirl10":2q7ovhd2 said:
How much do you want for that little black one? (Assuming that the pups are from working lines) I just found my brothers birthday present!!! :)
2 of them are spoken for, though not chosen yet. I have to wait till 1st and 2nd pick are gone (or at least selected) to know what I have left to sell. Both buyers want to wait until they are about 4-5 weeks old and develop a basic personality. I have and will promise to buy back the pup unconditionally in the first 3 weeks, but have never had anyone less than thrilled (I do follow up calls). This is only her 2nd litter though, so I do not have so much experience as maybe it sounds. But thank you ~ that black-tri male is my youngest boys favorite as well.

angie":2magmvu9 said:
FarmGirl10":2magmvu9 said:
2 of them are spoken for, though not chosen yet. I have to wait till 1st and 2nd pick are gone (or at least selected) to know what I have left to sell. Both buyers want to wait until they are about 4-5 weeks old and develop a basic personality. I have and will promise to buy back the pup unconditionally in the first 3 weeks, but have never had anyone less than thrilled (I do follow up calls). This is only her 2nd litter though, so I do not have so much experience as maybe it sounds. But thank you ~ that black-tri male is my youngest boys favorite as well.
Well let me know if that one isn't picked. The one we have now is getting really old; her face is all grey,she's getting grey in the rest ofher coat,and often forget whats she is suposed to do. :lol: But we love her anyway...unless she stampedes steers at me. :shock: She may still be able to clear a gate, but I can't. :frowns:

Latest posts