Wagyu

Help Support CattleToday:

Since nobody else has giving you thoughts on this,I will give you mine.

I think that their is such a limited market for the beef that you would be better off raising Herefords or Angus or whatever. The amount of money involved to get into the Wagyu scene is going to be very difficult to justify in the long run. There is a much larger market for "regular" beef that comes from 'regular" cattle. The "regular" beef is much cheaper to produce because the breedstock is easier to obtain than Wagyu.

Don't take this as the Gospel according to Brown Cow..it is just my thoughts..

BrownCow":3vcx82yy said:
Since nobody else has giving you thoughts on this,I will give you mine.

I think that their is such a limited market for the beef that you would be better off raising Herefords or Angus or whatever. The amount of money involved to get into the Wagyu scene is going to be very difficult to justify in the long run. There is a much larger market for "regular" beef that comes from 'regular" cattle. The "regular" beef is much cheaper to produce because the breedstock is easier to obtain than Wagyu.

Don't take this as the Gospel according to Brown Cow..it is just my thoughts..

Thanks. I appreciate your response.
Bear

I was looking at a picture of a Wayu one day, and I noticed that they looked starved in the rear end, and the shoulders were stronger, but yet, not very thick. They almost look like Wilderbeasts.

I then remember reading how a really thin person could have a higher fat content in their body than a person of reguar size that was toting extra pounds. It said that the thin person had such little muscle, that it did not burn as many calories, and it had a higher fat content. Sometimes you hear of really thin people having more trouble with heart problems and colesterol than people that carry extra pounds.

So I wonder if that is the reason for the Wagyu cattle being high in IMF? The muscle content is much less. Almost weak looking. But it is just my guess.
Has anyone ever looked at a picture of a Wagyu ribeye steak? Seems it would be really small.
Chuckie