Wagyu owners

Help Support CattleToday:

RD-Sam

Reaction score
I'm curious if the Wagyu owners on here have any data on their bulls and heifers at a year. Fullbloods is what I am interested in finding data on. Just wondering about weights, heights, and scrotal measurements at a year of age, and whether they were raised on pasture or creep fed.

I have all of those measurements (except scrotal circumference) on 16 FB steers and also carcass ultrasound measurements. But it's all on another computer so it will take a few days for me to get my hands on it.

I would be interested in any data you have, there is very little available out there. You can PM or email me when you have a chance to get it. Thanks!

White cow, if you do not mind posting the info I would appreciate seeing it also. If you had rather not post it that will be fine also. Thanks

Circle H Ranch

I should be able to get to my steer data tonight. In the meantime, the Texas Wagyu Association has some data from a small feed test for bulls and heifers. It can be found as the first "attachment" at the bottom of their home page: http://www.texaswagyuassociation.com/

Thanks, that is some good info. Looks like Texas has a pretty good association, we need something like that in Alabama and Georgia.

Sam, I am afraid there may never be enough Wagyu cattle in this area for an association. I would like to see a market here so I guess you and I will have to develop one and possibly start the association with your two fullbloods and my handful of halfbloods. lol

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":236d5azg said:
Sam, I am afraid there may never be enough Wagyu cattle in this area for an association. I would like to see a market here so I guess you and I will have to develop one and possibly start the association with your two fullbloods and my handful of halfbloods. lol

Circle H Ranch

Hey, it's a start. :lol2: You have that other guy with the fullbloods over by you, and there are two breeders in Georgia I think. I'll have more fullbloods in a few years, and maybe a few crossbreds.

How do you like that scrotal average? :lol2: Come to think of it, I have never seen a set of nuts in any picture. :lol2:

You have that other guy with the fullbloods over by you

Heck I can`t even let that guy even find out about it. He would`nt join unless he could be president.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts