Wagyu Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

This is what sold me on this cross(Wagyu x Charolais)
whitecow":2p75xp9r said:
Here are two examples of ribeyes from Wag x Char F1s...it has worked every time for us. The genetics on the Wag side does matter. The best quality comes from the Tajima strain of Black Wagyu.

gaurus":iiqptme5 said:
(Brahman beef is terrible)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :lol2: :lol2: they are such a sorry breed of cattle, don't know why they are even still around.

gaurus":qqi1gm3q said:
This is what sold me on this cross(Wagyu x Charolais)
whitecow":qqi1gm3q said:
Here are two examples of ribeyes from Wag x Char F1s...it has worked every time for us. The genetics on the Wag side does matter. The best quality comes from the Tajima strain of Black Wagyu.

I sure would like to hold them ribeyes and feel of them all marbling is not the same. I have cut lots of beef up working at a packing plant and I can tell more about it by feel than looks, by just looking I see something I don't like ????

BRYANT":3er08n61 said:
I sure would like to hold them ribeyes and feel of them all marbling is not the same. I have cut lots of beef up working at a packing plant and I can tell more about it by feel than looks, by just looking I see something I don't like ????

Yes, a few people have that Gift, when they touch beef they can tell if it's juicy and tender I really don't like to touch raw meat, but the USDA grading system is based upon the visible marbling and color of the beef so premium beef cuts need to look like it to be paid accordingly.

gaurus":2jy00xf4 said:
BRYANT":2jy00xf4 said:

Yes, a few people have that Gift, when they touch beef they can tell if it's juicy and tender I really don't like to touch raw meat, but the USDA grading system is based upon the visible marbling and color of the beef so premium beef cuts need to look like it to be paid accordingly.

Not totally, I have seen the Federal Inspector feel of it ,pinch it, He also carried a knife to stick certain places on the back bone to tell the age of the beef to know if it would be tender or not, also needed a certain amount of cover (outside fat) (these steaks don't have much unless the butcher trimmed it all off) there is a lot more to it than marbling. I have seem marbling beef that would not grade prime.
Note: this is how it was done 35 yrs. ago things change with time.