Wadda ya think of my show heifer this year

Help Support CattleToday:

pearl101

Reaction score
She is a 3 month pb simmy!!!:)

03_08_09_061_cropped_sm.jpg

03_08_09_022_cropped_sm.jpg

03_08_09_077_sm.jpg

besides being adorable. she is another very balanced heifer. how do you get your simmis to be soo clean fronted?? ours arent. she has good bone, long, i'd like to see her a bit deeper. but she should be avery good heifer in and out of the show ring.

Pearl, VERY nice young Simmy heifer you have there! And how wonderful to see you starting her out so early. She should do very nicely for you.

Very promising heifer, extremely well muscled, not ideal tailset, but the muscle shape make it look worse than it is. Hope she doesn't become too coarse and musclebound for a heifer.

Just out of curiosity how do you go about breaking a heifer that is still suckling? I have broken lots of cattle including 2 year old bulls, but have never needed to haltertrain a suckler calf yet.

Do you show 2 year old cows? That would be the only reason I would see breaking a calf that young, unless you REALLY want to get a head start on the training.

Nice pair. Interesting color on the calf. Also interesting choice in sire, kudos for trying something new, even though I know Burning Up won Denver and they've used him I think he has alot of potential. At the moment I personally don't like the neck on the baby however, she is super young and it is obvious she has a long neck so I think once she has grown into it her neck will look very nice. I would also like to make the shoulder smoother. All in all super nice, personally I like the calf more than the dam but she is very nice as well.

LinZ

For both posts, we get the fact you have nice cattle. Real nice, in fact. However, I'd be a little worried about how she roaches in her top in that second pic. Can't see that she's up on her pasterns, but that's my only concern. Nice pair.

She has a lot of muscle for a calf that young. And I agree with the roach back comment. she does look a little roachy. Is the mother the same. obviously i can't tell but the mother is set up for the photo and looking at her back and tail set it looks like she may be roach but has been set up and touched on her back so she isn't. Otherwise a long appealing heifer. Maybe a little more depth would be nice. good width. On a side note about muscling, i'd be worried she might not be as feminine as i would like when she matures...

Latest posts