W4 Hereford Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.

bird dog":39sznzx1 said:
I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.

Where do you think they'll be on the bulls birddog.

2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.

bird dog":3hdlsxvi said:
2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.

Thank you :tiphat:

They were selling bulls for $3000 earlier this year before the sale. I talked to them a few times but just found a good registered bull 20 minutes from home. Didnt want to make that 6 hour trip. What were the price ranges?

BK9954":2wjw3cwp said:
They were selling bulls for $3000 earlier this year before the sale. I talked to them a few times but just found a good registered bull 20 minutes from home. Didnt want to make that 6 hour trip. What were the price ranges?

I didnt see right out the gate because I was at lunch and I didn't watch the end because they went to kind of plain old bulls IMO. I caught it right under $4k and stopped around $2500 or so and went back to the Gonzales auction.

Latest posts