vulva

Help Support CattleToday:

thanks but couldnt get a good look at the vulva except for that dairy influence cow and mine is a beef cow that's last calf was on dec 8 was in a smal herd of cattle-(about ten) and with a bull all year...Her bag is enlarged but not huge but her vulva is normal...She is definaltly pregnant she is as wide as a pig

Try this: take a pic of your cow then compare your camera pic to her from day to day to see if you can detect changes in her. Looking at other cows is fine and sometimes helpful, but nothing will beat knowing your cow. It's another one of those things that varies from one animal to the next as well. Some cows always kind of surprise me with the new calf while others look like their calves are about to fall out for 3 weeks. Keep good notes if these are girls your planning to have for a while, and it'll help in the yrs to follow.

Dixieangus":2pn17mos said:
thanks but couldnt get a good look at the vulva except for that dairy influence cow and mine is a beef cow that's last calf was on dec 8 was in a smal herd of cattle-(about ten) and with a bull all year...Her bag is enlarged but not huge but her vulva is normal...She is definaltly pregnant she is as wide as a pig
If none of those pics are helpful, then yet another idea is to wait until you see feet poking out ~ thats a sure sign. She has calved before ~ yes? She will do fine I am thinking. Do you have concerns regarding her health or safety?

yes she has calved befor3 times to be exact ond none assisted i know she will do fine i guess i just need to wait till i see a calf by her side

Here are a couple pictures the tail is in the way but you can see the swollen vulva
I took these pictures back in 2006 had two heifers that looked like this for more than a week . I thought it was on the extreme side I thought everyday that they would calf finally one day they did no problems at all. They have calved every year since never have been as big as they were when they were heifers

DCP_1092.jpg

DCP_1097.jpg

Latest posts