VPI Limited Edition/ Select Sires

Help Support CattleToday:

W.B.

Reaction score
I was wondering if the Hereford breeders on here had seen any progeny of this bull. Would he work very well on Angus heifers?

W.B.":1h89rd0c said:
I was wondering if the Hereford breeders on here had seen any progeny of this bull. Would he work very well on Angus heifers?

We haven't used him on heifers but on Red Angus second calvers he works well. Small calves that are very vigorous at birth. If you'ld like I'll pm you some pictures of his calves.
That said, we won;t be using him anymore, there are other bulls that I like better.

dun

I bought a Limited Edition daughter last fall. She's a conservatively marked, fairly thick made calf. She's as easy going as the day is long. She's always eating too, for some reason, she'll be first to the hay ring in the winter and the last to leave. Now that we have grass, you'll see her grazing quite a bit more than the rest of the heifers. I'm pretty sure she's going to be an easy keeper, as we have to watch how much grain we feed. If she gets more than 2-4 lbs a day, she starts getting pretty chubby, and I don't like to see my heifers overly fat. I know this doesn't answer your question very well, as this is only one calf, but I hope it helps some. Here's some pics (although the arent' the greatest). You can see from the rear shot that she has a fair amount of capacity for a heifer.

LimitedEdi2.jpg

LimitedEdi.jpg

Dun: I would appreciate it if you would post some pictures. Give some examples of bulls you like better. Thanks in advance.

I could tell you that Limited Edition was used in our herd one time, but I really didn't like the calves. The bulls didn't have enough thickness to them and the heifers, they weren't bad, actually a few of them were keepers, but I am not a big VPI Limited Edition fan. Try DR World Class 517 10H one time. He is leased by Accelerated Genetics. World Class is the best Feltons 517 bull I have ever laid my eyes on. I have seen World Class grow up from a calf and saw him being sold for I think $6200.00 to the Gildemasters and Curtis Polled Herefords in South Dakota. A fantastic bull, try him out and find out for yourself.
:cboy:

Hill Creek Farm: Thanks for the input and the responses by the others. I am a little worried World Class might have too much milk as the heifers I have are going to have plenty.

Yes I know of the Gildemaster operation and attended their production sale this past Febuary.

Latest posts