Vote for Sanjaya

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thought we could lighten this forum up a bit.
For all of you that live in the U.S.A. don't forget to vote for Sanjaya Tuesday night.And if you can come up with some innovative ways to get rid of Canadian Idol let me Know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beefy":1p2a436t said:
Sanjaya rocks. he is like the craps, yo.
That is the whole point. :lol: So are ya gonna vote for him?If I could I would join the movement and vote all night on Tuesdays but can't because of being the Canadian thing. :roll: :roll:

no i dont vote. i feel like Sanjaya's sister is trying to sabotage him and he needs to quit letting her pick out crappy songs for him. luckily (?) america knows what Shamali is up to and will not let her get away with it.

if i was going to vote i would probably vote for Blake or Jordin. i feel like they will go far.

I think I must have done something right in tossing all the televisions in the house about ten years ago.

Sanjaya, Shamali???

Are these names of people? Or are they some type of medical procedure used for pulling calves from cattle? Or perhaps the name of a new castration procedure?

I guess I am getting old, but what ever happend to names like Bill, Bob, Mary and Sue?

Where in the heck did the parents come up with these names? Almost as bad as naming your daughter Chevelle and your son Ram 1500.

Too old fashioned I suppose.

More and more I am glad I do not waste my time on the telly.

Bez>

Are there no Howard Stern fans that belong to this forum? 8) 8) American Idol really has to go and hopefully it will take Canadian idol with it :p :p .Maybe I shouldn't have said that I have Sirius radio but what the hay I like listening to Howard and so do alot of other folks around here ;-) .

Bez>":3147sn12 said:
I think I must have done something right in tossing all the televisions in the house about ten years ago.

Sanjaya, Shamali???

Are these names of people? Or are they some type of medical procedure used for pulling calves from cattles? Or perhaps the name of a new castration procedure?

I guess I am getting old, but what ever happend to names like Bill, Bob, Mary and Sue?

Where in the heck did the parents come up with these names? Almost as bad as naming your daughter Chevelle and your son Ram 1500.

Bez>

Bez you do hear all the gossip I mean you must not live in a paper bag. Even my mother has heard of Sanjaya.

i would be surprised if there are many howard stern fans on here. i am definitely not one.

hillsdown":negqws5f said:
Bez>":negqws5f said:

Sanjaya, Shamali???

Are these names of people? Or are they some type of medical procedure used for pulling calves from cattles? Or perhaps the name of a new castration procedure?

Bez>

Bez you do hear all the gossip I mean you must not live in a paper bag. Even my mother has heard of Sanjaya.

Nope - never heard of this person.

Even the name made me bust out laughing. How silly it sounds to me.

Obviously some weak cultural attempt to capture a mythical family past or some old heritage - while at the same time appearing modern.

Makes me sound far more arrogant than I truly am - but only because I echoe the words of a friend who complains about his name - Argonaut!!!!!

Imagine all your friends calling you Argo the Largo all your life because you towered over them - and in most cases still does.

Your mother probably listens to a radio or watches a television. I read the news and have no interest in modern music at all.

Old country and classic music. I am right up on world politics and world events and a very capable technical person - but I have no interests in modern entertainment.

Oh, I am a fair hand at the ranch - there are better but I do manage to hold my own.

Bez>

Bez , your wife and you are my kind of people. Anytime you're close, drop buy and I'll buy you a steak or thow one on the grill. I'd love to visit with you and meet that lovely wife that puts up with your sorry self. ;-) Take care of yourself old man.

Bez....if I remember rightly he is from Hawaii, would that not explain his name. He would not be my winner, sad yes we have American Idol here to, along with our own British version.

chrisy":1k32w3pw said:
Bez....if I remember rightly he is from Hawaii, would that not explain his name. He would not be my winner, sad yes we have American Idol here to, along with our own British version.

Chrisy - Why would you say - "Sad to say ...."

You obviously have watched it - if you and others did not - it would not be there.

I can honestly state I have not watched an hour of the telly in about the last 5 years. Not only do I not miss it - I find I do not run into fads and I do not run into sayings and I certainly do not find myself - at least very often - talking about it.

Seems to be a horrible waste of time when life is so short.

Example - last week I needed a torque wrench - I had lent one to a friend so I called him up and got his wife - his wife told me he was too busy to come to the telephone - so could I just come and get it? Sure I said.

I drove in the yard - went to the shop - retreived MY torque wrench and as I was leaving my friend opened the door and hollered for me to come on in for a beer. He was watching television and too busy to return my torque wrench - or even answer the darned telephone. Like millions of others he was sitting on his arse - flipping through the channels. And he was BUSY!!!!

And yes, we all know someone like this.

So you have explained the one wierd sounding name - how about the other - and is it a he or a she?

Good Lord - why did I even ask?

Forget it - not interested - have a good one.

Television is a huge time waster and in all honesty I have looked in and simply find it boring - too many other things to do.

Bez>

Howard Stern is just plain nasty. What good can come out of watching a show like that(or listening to him-whichever, I don't partake)? Not good for any person. Shameful.

Bez, I don't think I would be loaning that guy anything else if he is too sorry to get up off his rear end to return it. He should have returned it as soon as he was through with it. I bet you were fuming all the way home.

Gate Opener":bovaqeh5 said:
Howard Stern is just plain nasty. What good can come out of watching a show like that(or listening to him-whichever, I don't partake)? Not good for any person. Shameful.

Bez, I don't think I would be loaning that guy anything else if he is too sorry to get up off his rear end to return it. He should have returned it as soon as he was through with it. I bet you were fuming all the way home.

You know, if he had been laying under a piece of machinery, or up to his armpit in a cow - I would not have minded so much.

But he was busy!!

Sitting on his arse.

Flipping through the channels.

Drinking beer.

Oh well that is typical of the vast majority fo folks today - IMO.

Bez>

I don't watch television either...haven't in about 10 years. Van, does, however, so I hear it in the background and sometimes if a movie I've wanted to see is on, I'll sit down and watch that.

He doesn't watch American Idol so I have no idea really who Sanjaya is other than what I read when I go to google news, and then it's just the headline that sometimes has a pic. He is a strange looking child. I have read that a woman is going on a hunger strike until Sanjaya is voted off that show. I think she's in her 13th or 14th day, something like that...of all the dumb butt things...

Really, the only thing I ever got interested in for the moment about American Idol was the young lady from Burleson, Texas that won and has gone on to become quite a celebrity. She was in show choir in high school with my niece, so they know each other. I'm embarrassed to say, I don't ever remember her name (the winner's name, not my niece's). Maybe I'd better keep working that little game Dewey put up a link to that's supposed to help ward off Alzheimers.

Alice

Alice":124l3v8b said:
I don't watch television either...haven't in about 10 years. Van, does, however, so I hear it in the background and sometimes if a movie I've wanted to see is on, I'll sit down and watch that.

He doesn't watch American Idol so I have no idea really who Sanjaya is other than what I read when I go to google news, and then it's just the headline that sometimes has a pic. He is a strange looking child. I have read that a woman is going on a hunger strike until Sanjaya is voted off that show. I think she's in her 13th or 14th day, something like that...of all the dumb butt things...

Really, the only thing I ever got interested in for the moment about American Idol was the young lady from Burleson, Texas that won and has gone on to become quite a celebrity. She was in show choir in high school with my niece, so they know each other. I'm embarrassed to say, I don't ever remember her name (the winner's name, not my niece's). Maybe I'd better keep working that little game Dewey put up a link to that's supposed to help ward off Alzheimers.

Alice

Alice - you once wrote to someone - "That is because you are not 70!"

So - if you are 70 you are doing fine in my books and your memory is better than mine. I knew it was not your neice you were chatting about. 8)

If you are not 70 then who the he!! cares - live long and enjoy life!!

Have a good one.

Bez>

Bez>":3nznugwu said:
Alice":3nznugwu said:

Alice

Alice - you once wrote to someone - "That is because you are not 70!"

So - if you are 70 you are doing fine in my books and your memory is better than mine. I knew it was not your neice you were chatting about. 8)

If you are not 70 then who the he!! cares - live long and enjoy life!!

Have a good one.

Bez>

:lol: I was talking about the age of my grandfather when the holstein bull attacked him. No, I'm not 70, but it does bother me that I forget things so quickly...especially words that I used to be able to call to mind quickly. Now, I have to run to a thesaurus or dictionary. I think it's because when I was working outside the home, I had to know words and their definitions or synonyms quickly.

Thanks for the encouragement, Bez...and back at ya'. :)

Alice

TV I take it or leave it, I just happened to get a glimps of the show that had this Sanjaya and his sister auditioning on it, he got through she didn't. I have seen bits and pieces since but thats about all. I heard him sing one song through and that was enough. I am in front of the computer more than the TV all I watch is CSI and not always right through, TV sends me to sleep. never have time to read these days, off out doing things, swimming gym and dancing. BUT if I borrowed something from some one, it would be a pretty lame excuse to say I am to busy to return it, I would make the time and effort to return it, as I did to borrow it....Chris.