VL5

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Is there a modified-live VL5 (Vibrio-Lepto) vaccine on the market? Everything I looked at so far seems to be killed. :cowboy:

Express FP 3-VL5 by Boehringer Ingelheim IBR, BVD Types I and II, Vibrio and 5 strains of Lepto. Give 2 ml SQ. For primary vaccination, booster with Citadel VL5 in 2-4 weeks. Calves vaccinated before 6 months of age should be revaccinated at 6 months or weaning. Annual booster is recommended.

I already had the modified-live 5-way respiratory picked out with Arsenal 4.1, but it didn't have VL5, and I was wanting to add it with a modified-live VL5. Doesn't look like either VibraShield + L5, or Staybred are modified-live though.

novaman":d41kv7zo said:
PregGuard

That's looks like a possible option. Except no BRSV.

KNERSIE":d41kv7zo said:

A possibility.

TexasBred":d41kv7zo said:
Express FP 3-VL5 by Boehringer Ingelheim IBR, BVD Types I and II, Vibrio and 5 strains of Lepto. Give 2 ml SQ. For primary vaccination, booster with Citadel VL5 in 2-4 weeks. Calves vaccinated before 6 months of age should be revaccinated at 6 months or weaning. Annual booster is recommended.

Not carried by the company I am ordering drugs from.

Aaron":34y4r7qd said:
I already had the modified-live 5-way respiratory picked out with Arsenal 4.1, but it didn't have VL5, and I was wanting to add it with a modified-live VL5. Doesn't look like either VibraShield + L5, or Staybred are modified-live though.

novaman":34y4r7qd said:
PregGuard

That's looks like a possible option. Except no BRSV.

The BRSV part usually isn't a MLV and it requires a boostershot for better immunity against BRSV, you can use any other BRSV vaccine for the booster, though.

KNERSIE":34y4r7qd said:

A possibility.

TexasBred":34y4r7qd said:

Not carried by the company I am ordering drugs from.

Never heard of a live Vibrio-Lepto vaccine - they're all bacterins; the bacteria are grown in culture to specified numbers/ml, then killed/treated to render them non-living, and mixed with an adjuvant to increase immunogenicity. It's the industry standard, and I have no reason to think that any biologics manufacturer would be looking at producing a 'live' VL5 product.

Jeanne,
Plenty of MLV vaccines with IBR/BVD/PI3/BRSV that come with a 'killed' VL-5 or Lepto-5 diluent.
Maybe the OP meant those, but the original question was about a modified live VL5; no mention of the viral components.

Latest posts