Vitamin D3 - help please

Help Support CattleToday:

Had my D levels tested the other day, came back at 41 ng/ml. the scale was 20 to 80, so almost in the middle.

here is an online DIY at home test that i did.........

At the recommendation of my doctor, I've been on D3 (spring valley) for over a year. She said it would take a couple months to notice a difference and it did. I can tell a real improvement in how I feel physically. Virtually no joint aches at all. I also take a super b, quill oil, calcium and a multi vitamin. I use one of those Sunday-Saturday pill containers so am officially old but it keeps me consistent.

So glad I found your post. Nurse here 30 years as well as a cattle farmer. You are making a wise decision: Vitamin D is essential to mental and physical health.
Vitamin D is absorbed best with Calcium and/or certain fats (peanut butter).
Follow up: Mayo clinic recommends a minimum of 600 units of vitamin d3 daily
for everyone including children and 800 units after age 70

A 2013 study found it only took a small amount (10 grams) of a healthy fat to achieve peak absorption. examples of healthy fats given were: avocadoes, olive oil
nuts and salmon

Sorry Butch but most of our medicine even prescription medicine is made in China and India then relabeled for sale here, They don't want us buying our meds out of the country but it is common practice for big drug companies to do just that. Don't believe me, check it out. Hopefully you can prove me wrong..... This is a very real problem. FYI I was personally diagnosed to have Hyperthyroidism and the only cure is surgery. Pills alone almost never help. Now must I take 2 Caltrate 600+D3 every day. "part of the treatment " I buy Sam's Calcium , same thing only much cheaper.
I've been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism as well due to a nonexistent hormone level in my blood work. Never been clinical. I was told 20 years ago to kill my thyroid and go on medicine the rest of my life. I wasn't having any problems so I said piss on that. Ain't killed me yet, and other than that one blip on the blood work my doctor said I have the best vitals of anyone she's ever seen at my age.

Hope you have the same good fortune that I have.

Latest posts