Virginia Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.....started snowing here last night but it was warm and melting as it came down....then about 10:30 i let the dogs out to deal with nature and there was a skiff of snow on the ground. this morning when I arose at 4;30 there was a couple inches and it was snowwing pretty good....finally about 7 after listening to forecast for everything from rain to 2 feet of snow I decided to venture out to see if I could go ot work.....I made it 8 miles and the traffic was so bad and so many wrecks that I feared one of them might take me out so I turned around an headed home.....called the boss and she said that it was raining at the office .....only another eight or ten miles to the east....turned around and it took me an hour to get the 8 miles back home and now we have over six inches and snowing furiously.....heavy wet snow and almost white out a time or two while driving.....right on the cusp of spring and we have the biggest snow in three years......20 miles south and east and it is raining....

Pdf, I was wandering how much snow youall got. I have an aunt that lives in Midlothian Va. right outside of Richmond. We got about a foot of snow here in PA in about 8 hours. Also probably our biggest snow this year.Heavy wet stuff but the power is still on. Hope K.T. and Skyhigh made it through ok..sucks to not have power.

I only got 2-3" and roads are clear. Not as bad as predicted. I did break down and give the cows a few rolls of hay tonight. They have grass under the snow but sure looked bad trying to get at it. The baby calves sure liked the hay I unrolled. They bedded down before I got it fully unrolled.

eded up here with about six to eigh inches but then it started meltin and did not freeze until we hours of the morning and was beginning to thaw as soon as the sun came up....
sloshy muddy mess out today....

worst part was the power went out about fifteen minutes after I posted yesterday so I have been nursing the generator for over 24 hours so the wife would have a teevee and not drive me over the edge of sanity....I found hwere the lone was down across the road but the power company had sent all theri crews to the western part fo the state because they were supposed to get it bad and we were not so we had to wait on contractors to come in last night. contractors got us going about 11;00am....wet heavy snow was knocking pines down everywhere...wind is whipping now but the snow is our of the trees.

yesterday evening a lying assed robin was hopping down the track in my driveway that I made with the tractor and asking me if I could spare a dime....good thing I didn't have a gun in my pocket.

Latest posts