Virginia Entertainment

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
I'm fixing up an old Mustang, was putting the interior back in today and vacuuming it out and a bunch of flies kept bugging me. Anyone else ever sucked them up in a shop-vac?

I'm instant entertainment, just add alcohol.

Sounds interesting. Never done flies, but I have sucked up some spiders with it. Have a dog that will lay in front of you until you vacuum him.

I've sucked up ants with the vacuum cleaner. Dead flies. Whatever crawled into the house and died...

cfpinz":3jdobetn said:
I'm fixing up an old Mustang, was putting the interior back in today and vacuuming it out and a bunch of flies kept bugging me. Anyone else ever sucked them up in a shop-vac?

If you do it with wasps, remember they get really POed. Make sure you dump something in the tank to kill them before you open it.

MistyMorning":3hr6magg said:
cfpinz":3hr6magg said:

I'm thinking ya need to git a life there "Leon". :wave:

Truth be told, I bet there's a lot more weird crap going on in Minnesooooota than down here in VA. After all, you guys are froze solid for what, 9 or 10 months a year???

Oof, dah. Mine hiney iz frooozin to da privy seat yet ageen. Oof, dah! :wave:

dun":1q9up0oc said:
If you do it with wasps, remember they get really POed. Make sure you dump something in the tank to kill them before you open it.

Speaking from experience?

My grandpa would take a shop towel and soak it in gasoline, then walk right up to the nests (up to about 6" in dia) and just grab them with the towel in his bare hand. He was a lot tougher than I am.

cfpinz":q29sbhva said:
MistyMorning":q29sbhva said:
cfpinz":q29sbhva said:

I'm thinking ya need to git a life there "Leon". :wave:

Truth be told, I bet there's a lot more weird crap going on in Minnesooooota than down here in VA. After all, you guys are froze solid for what, 9 or 10 months a year???

Oof, dah. Mine hiney iz frooozin to da privy seat yet ageen. Oof, dah! :wave:

Enrolled in Oh fer duh's, Minneysoota as a second language course Leon? :lol2:

Take a newspaper and roll up one end so you can hold it in your hand and leave the other end loose and expansive so that it'll burn quickly and easily. Hold the rolled up end of the paper in one hand and light the other. Hold the fire up to the nest. It'll burn every wing off every wasp there. Might want to have a water hose running on wide open real handy.

My grandmother really had no fear. The tobacco barns always had at least one bee nest. I saw her take the vacuum cleaner out there and suck em right up. Gasoline is really a bad idea, unless you're willing to sacrifice the barn to get the bees (or wasps).

ga. prime":3q72exhd said:
Take a newspaper and roll up one end so you can hold it in your hand and leave the other end loose and expansive so that it'll burn quickly and easily. Hold the rolled up end of the paper in one hand and light the other. Hold the fire up to the nest. It'll burn every wing off every wasp there. Might want to have a water hose running on wide open real handy.

That sounds like fun.

Couldn't try it in Minnessooooota, though. Everyone in the township would hover around it for warmth, even in July!

cfpinz":289y5ylm said:
Couldn't try it in Minnessooooota, though. Everyone in the township would hover around it for warmth, even in July!

Third coldest July on record for 2009! :cry2:

William and I make a game out of trying to suck flies out of the truck by opening the windows as we are going down the road. You have to time it just right, but it will suck a bug out fast. I need to pay more attention to the road I guess...

Latest posts