Virginia’s SB 16

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
The first major battle of the Civil War was fought at Manassas.
Is our cold civil war fixing to heat up?
Looks like Virginia is heating up.

Heating up is an understatement... My county was one of the first to say that it will be a 2nd amendment sanctuary and the sheriff will not enforce the foolishness of these fools with the crap they are trying ... Also most firearms if you have them will make you a felon for owning them... The fools are also trying to draft something for confiscation of said illegal firearms.

http://gunrightswatch.com/news/2019/11/24/virginia/virginia-has-become-an-overnight-tidal-wave-of-second-amendment-sanctuaries/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/virginia-democrats-filing-proposals-to-begin-confiscation-of-lawfully-owned-firearms-second-amendment-reporter-says

It's all anybody here is talking about. It will get ugly if they were to pass all they propose. They will have to turn the army on the people, no law enforcement in the state will attempt confiscation. The turnout at these meetings is phenomenal. Really hoping it is just a lot of talking and posturing as per usual, because it will lead to a revolt if they take it as far as their talking. Should lead to a lot of one term representatives and hopefully a Republican governor again soon.

Caustic Burno said:
The first major battle of the Civil War was fought at Manassas.
Is our cold civil war fixing to heat up?
Looks like Virginia is heating up.

There are people who want everything gone. BB guns too. Probably nail guns, staple guns, glue guns - anything with the name gun in it.

We shouldn't give an inch. 10 miles will not be enough to satisfy them.

SmokinM said:
It's all anybody here is talking about. It will get ugly if they were to pass all they propose. They will have to turn the army on the people, no law enforcement in the state will attempt confiscation. The turnout at these meetings is phenomenal. Really hoping it is just a lot of talking and posturing as per usual, because it will lead to a revolt if they take it as far as their talking. Should lead to a lot of one term representatives and hopefully a Republican governor again soon.

Whats sad is this could have been avoided if more of us like minded people turned out and voted.... If we don't learn from this one I don't know what to say

https://nationalistreview.net/2019/12/05/virginia-sheriff-promises-to-deputize-thousands-if-necessary-to-protect-their-right-to-own-firearms/?fbclid=IwAR254Ul_0Pb4UhOjbeYdx0yAShybLcxzewzHIr5txNoxlrrzEnketZ0X7wM

https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2019/11/27/list-of-second-amendment-sanctuaries-in-virginia-and-where-its-being-discussed/

I wish I lived in another state....My county is on the list if it will mean anything..

The county resolutions won't mean much. The VSP can enforce laws of the Commonwealth. This state has turned, led by the northeastern corner. There are those in the rural areas too who would support it (organic alpacas, folk music, and such). If I knew where to go I'd find myself one of those carpet bags and head out. Just seems like all the states with low populations and high levels of common sense also get mighty chilly in the winter.

jltrent said:
I wish I lived in another state....My county is on the list if it will mean anything..

I agree. I can throw a rock from my house and be in TN sure wish they would annex my house.

SDM said:
The county resolutions won't mean much. The VSP can enforce laws of the Commonwealth. This state has turned, led by the northeastern corner. There are those in the rural areas too who would support it (organic alpacas, folk music, and such). If I knew where to go I'd find myself one of those carpet bags and head out. Just seems like all the states with low populations and high levels of common sense also get mighty chilly in the winter.

VSP can enforce the laws However they do not serve as primary law enforcement for locality's they are primarily traffic enforcement the sanctuary aspect is local govts opting not to enforce the laws if they are passes since the sheriff's and county/city are primary enforcement.

Welcome to Illinois. Seems the rest of the country is finally getting a taste of what we go through every year.

pricefarm said:
jltrent said:

I agree. I can throw a rock from my house and be in TN sure wish they would annex my house.
I am 2 rock throws from the TN line and hoping for the same annexation. I sure didn't vote for the idiots that are in power. We use to have a good state, what happened?

jltrent said:
pricefarm said:
jltrent said:

I am 2 rock throws from the TN line and hoping for the same annexation. I sure didn't vote for the idiots that are in power. We use to have a good state, what happened?
Here is a internet location for you to read SB16. I think that some of the Russian folks are trying to spin you folks out of control.
https://trackbill.com/bill/virginia-senate-bill-16-assault-firearms-and-certain-firearm-magazines-prohibiting-sale-transport-etc-penalties/1775668/

Under the descriptions below, even my old Remington Nylon66 semiautomatic .22 (round capacity 14 LR rounds) would now be seen in Va as an "assault weapon".

The Russians have nothing to do with these facts.

SDM said:
You might try one state to the south. With the exception of Memphis most of TN still has some sense. We even have a cattleman in the Governor's Mansion.

hillbilly beef man said:
SDM said:
You might try one state to the south. With the exception of Memphis most of TN still has some sense. We even have a cattleman in the Governor's Mansion.

A darn good cattleman at that.