Vintage NH windrow inverters ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
They were a small dairy thing many years ago for making dry alfalfa hay. Less alfalfa and more bale wrappers now. Do you have a situation where you still find them useful?

Stocker Steve said:
They were a small dairy thing many years ago for making dry alfalfa hay. Less alfalfa and more bale wrappers now. Do you have a situation where you still find them useful?
I'd like to get one if I had man power to get another windrow or 2 put together so I could rake 3-4 together in lighter crops. We can't afford a merger yet, cheap small tractor pull inverter and another man should would speed things up here.

Neighbor has a NH 144? that he uses with the inverter hood to flip all of his hay over and bale. He doesnt use the extension to merge just flips and bales each individual windrow. Seems awfully slow to me. Make you get one with good belts as they get pricey.

Used to have a laid back small dairy guy here. He would cut... 5 acres of hay at a time. When he had that up he would cut 5 more acres. Slow was good for him.

Stocker Steve said:
Aaron Flipping hay with pitchforks. You are union guys aren't ya? [/quote said:
Catholic. Thinking about buying an inverter for Ma now that the kids have left home.

You said that same thing many moons ago. You sure think about something for a long time. Or is the old way more entertaining? :D

Stocker Steve said:
Ma already got the rock picker. Now moving on to better hay equipment.

Bah you were talking about inverters years ago. I might have to go find the thread. I think you just like women with pitchforks. You MN fellas. :roll:

Good memory Aaron. I recalled that rotary rake was the way to go. But then my cheap side found a 166...

Rental inline bale wrappers are getting more common here. Seems like a better investment than elaborate raking or inverting equipment as long as your baler can take it.