Vikings Fans?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
They put together the best 3 quarters in 3 years!
Ready for the big show? Hmmmmmm, not quite.

Man O Man mnmt...... They are out there busting a hump. :nod:
For sure they will take division (I personally see bigger and better things yet, but I will hold the crow till later). Tell BL I said "hey!".

GRTiger85":30hr82gj said:
Not a vikings fan, but I am a Adrian Peterson fan...played against him in hs...He is a Beast

In HS Peterson looked like a college senior playing against a bunch of HS freshman. Could embarras a good football player quick as a hiccup.

Always was a Vikings fan, because Bud Grant used to bring his teams down to Tulsa to practice for the playoffs. When I went to see them practice, I was awestruck at Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, Alan Page.. those guys were great!
Now I am still a fan mainly because of Adrian Peterson, and Gus Ferrotte. (both played in the state of Oklahoma during their college years)

Limomike":1oif4obr said:
I was awestruck at Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, Alan Page.. those guys were great!

The good old days in the good old Met Stadium where they played outside in December. I once sat in those bleachers in a raging snowstorm, couldn't see the field, cup of hot chocolate in hand. What a Blast!!!

I bet that was a blast. Yes, those Viking teams were awesome. The "purple people eaters"... ha..
Is Bud Grant dead?

MistyMorning":2lp8q2f4 said:
Limomike":2lp8q2f4 said:
I was awestruck at Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, Alan Page.. those guys were great!

The good old days in the good old Met Stadium where they played outside in December. I once sat in those bleachers in a raging snowstorm, couldn't see the field, cup of hot chocolate in hand. What a Blast!!!

Use to watch those games on TV...looked like "cruel and unusual punishment" to have to play in those low temps and the field frozen as hard as concrete. But the stands would always be full of the faithful. Whatever happened to Joe Capp ???

The Vikings seem to be gaining momentum.
The Williams Wall thing is a weird situation. They were banned for 4 games then a judge over ruled the ban. It's one game at a time for them.
I see the good old days returning if the key players stay out of trouble.
Gus Frerotte is a backup, The Vikes need a mobile QB with a accurate arm. Nope! NOT Travaris Jackson with all that talent, is much to timid to be a competitor.
Adrian is unbelievable!
I'm very glad Jared Allen is on our side.
The Vikings best defensive player is out for the season AJ Henderson, will be back next year.
I don't like the coaching all that well. we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes.

Yup, I went to some games in the old Met, Tough fans and tough players back then. I don't know what happened to Joe Capp. One year wonder, wanted to renegotiate a contract never played for the Vikings again. Sure wish they had Fran Tarkington now, my all time favorite player, Adrian Peterson has a good chance to surpass old Fran in that area. :nod: Bud Grant is doing well, still very much a public figure up here. Lots of hot chocolate drank in the old met, some pints and half pints to I reckon. :cowboy:

angie":uss1q0is said:
For sure they will take division (I personally see bigger and better things yet, but I will hold the crow till later). Tell BL I said "hey!".

The Boss is beside herself with the Packers, She is a die hard fan. Last couple Packer games I've noticed She has taken to swearing [potty mouth] :roll:

mnmtranching":g7ueefdn said:
angie":g7ueefdn said:

The Boss is beside herself with the Packers, She is a die hard fan. Last couple Packer games I've noticed She has taken to swearing [potty mouth] :roll:

Noticed the Pack had another "Ice Bowl" game yesterday. 9 degrees and windy. Wind chill must have been well below Zero.

Latest posts