Video of new calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
78 lb bull calf up and sucking within 30 minutes.

Click on the pic to watch the video.

That is a nice looking cow and calf looks like it has a lot of vigor. She's got the Ritz Carlton of calving pens there, hope mine don't see those accomodations, they might want some too.

MO_cows":p0dxuwyc said:
That is a nice looking cow and calf looks like it has a lot of vigor. She's got the Ritz Carlton of calving pens there, hope mine don't see those accomodations, they might want some too.

Thanks

Ours normally don't get those nice accomodations either. We had over two inches of rain yesterday and when I checked on them the calving lot was standing in water. With her tail straight out and she was circling looking at the ground I knew it was time so I put her in under the shed. It is open to the south but it got her out of the mud. Once there she had the calf in less than 15 minutes.

anyone whos been around calves knows there's nothing more frustrating than looking at a calf looking for the teats, and *nearly* getting them for an hour...

Looks good!

Nesikep":12v75obu said:
anyone whos been around calves knows there's nothing more frustrating than looking at a calf looking for the teats, and *nearly* getting them for an hour...

Looks good!

Sure feels good to have them up and going in 30 minutes......gives them a good head start

Latest posts