Video of Grand Statement

Help Support CattleToday:

Lots of things.

1. Out of a super producing cow family.
2. Dam and grand dam have great udders and are easy fleshing.
3. He is REALLY long made
4. Above average muscle
5. Very sound on his feet and legs
6. Held his condition well for a yearling after in with 53 cows
7. Sire is a proven bull for carcass, maternal, and performance
8. Has good EPDs
9. I think his sons will be high performing, thick, east to sell bulls and his daughters will be the keeping kind.
10. We paid ALOT for him, so I better like him :)

double v":1jgqb13t said:
Good looking bull i can see why you like him how is his docility?

Its good - I wouldn't say great, but pretty good.

I sure like his looks. Did you have him with older cows or some heifers? He should produce some outstanding calves.

xxbrand":128gc64x said:
I sure like his looks. Did you have him with older cows or some heifers? He should produce some outstanding calves.

Of the 53 cows he was with, all but 1 were 1st calf pairs.

He's a fine looking bull. I must ask -- of the 53 females, how many are pregnant? Is 53 a lot for a yearling bull?

Gale Seddon":3hinw345 said:
He's a fine looking bull. I must ask -- of the 53 females, how many are pregnant? Is 53 a lot for a yearling bull?

I have not compared the opens to the bull yet, all I know for sure is that the breed up rate is about average for us. I will check the open % per bull and get back to you.

Yes 53 is quite a few for a yearling, but we tend to push it a bit. We spent alot on him and wanted to get a good test on him. We actually AI bred nearly 100 head to him as well to get a good test.

I actually just visited with Acceerated last week about it. Sounds like we will probably wait until spring for a photo and possible video.

Latest posts