Video Game Addiction

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire

Reaction score
Video game withdrawals must be like quiting smoking.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YersIyzsOpc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

How did you get that video of my Sons bedroom.... :lol: :lol: Oh! I'm glad I'm not the only Mum to have had to suffer that kind of behaviour, so glad he has grown up and out of that stage, just. he can still have his moments but not to that extent, now I just take my car keys from him and he hates having to walk everywhere, after a week or two I usually give in and give him back the keys, must say it has been quite a few months now we have had peace and harmony.(but I mustn't speak to soon) His Sister usually helps to get things calm she has a way with him, just talking to him on the phone is enough.

I watched about 30 seconds of that and had seen enough. If that were my son, I would have given him a sore a$$ to worry about instead of that video game.

And people wonder what's wrong with society...

if that boy had a job or some chores and he had to pay for his video games,
then you would see a young man instead of a spoiled child.

grannysoo":1vb48zsv said:
I watched about 30 seconds of that and had seen enough. If that were my son, I would have given him a sore a$$ to worry about instead of that video game.

If you were to watch all of it, near the end, a male raised his voice to put an end to it.

Apparently the kid has been allowed umpteen years of rehearsals. Probably be a DNC committee member when he gets older. :lol:

Pretty good tantrum---I wonder how he's gonna react to this vidio following him for the rest of his life. Didn't he start off with cloths on? Gotta watch it again-with the sound off

Yep,had cloths on! I will say at least he didn't attack his mother..Some would have

Gives a little more understanding why some parents kill their kids...lol...

Little old to still having temper tantrums...this idiot needs some HARD WORK every day to drain some of his excess energy...

Maybe a trip to the front line in afgan would do the trick! ;-)

y'all know that last nite on Nickolodeon (spelling?) they had Video Game Awards....they had like "Most Addicting Game"....well thats the only part i saw as i was flipping threw the channels

I love it when teens throw tantrums and I have see my share in my position at the school. Thing is, when you don't feed into it, it stops. And if you teach your kids from an early age, and I mean early, they won't do it because they know that there is no reward in it. I know some of these parents. They say they hate behaviors like that, but then again, they tolerate it because they can wear that tee shirt that says, "My kid is soooo abusive and sooo bad. What will I ever do?"

And my standard answer to that is, "Nothing. You did nothing." You didn't parent your kid by giving them rules and boundaries. If you do nothing, expect it in return.

My kids are both gamers but the games end when grades suffer and you ignore your responsbilities around the house. My younger son doesn't play that much any more. He's too busy with tennis and band. And he starts his Ag classes this fall. Keep 'em busy.

HerefordSire":3ncmyu2r said:
grannysoo":3ncmyu2r said:

If you were to watch all of it, near the end, a male raised his voice to put an end to it.

I've never listened to my kids throw a tantrum that long, and I'm sure not going to do it for someone elses kid. Sore a$$ will cure lots of problems.

After watching that vid, I'm wondering if there is something else wrong with that kid, other than the obvious. I had a kid like that in class last year who was autistic and that looks like some of the fits he threw. His mother was at a loss, as well. Blaming all of it on his "disability", which she was constantly reminding him he had. This kid was smart. He could read and write, he was smarter than some of the "non-special ed" kids we have, but just wanted to do what he felt like doing, which was leggos and gaming.

I have seen that kid have many meltdowns, similar to that kid in the video, at school. Even to t he point of running through the lunch room yelling, "They're trying to kill me!" when we could not let him make a pig of himself on a field trip that included lunch. He also has an eating disorder, BTW.

He's homeschooled now. Ask me if I miss him. :banana:

THEY WILL BE OUT IN THE WORLD SOON .. be afraid.. How old would you say thatkid is ? Yeah,too old for that,but I put him at about 14?

peg4x4":cp36dkgb said:
THEY WILL BE OUT IN THE WORLD SOON .. be afraid.. How old would you say thatkid is ? Yeah,too old for that,but I put him at about 14?

Hmmm. 14?

At that age I was going to school full time - up at 0500 - milked about 50 cows and did all associated chores that needed to be done - on the bus at 0730.

Home at 1700 and straight to the barn - chores done - eat supper and hit the books. Sleep came easy. Usually around 2130 - I remember the fist folks to land on the moon - I did my darndest to stay awake but could not.

Weekends were full of work

Friday and Saturday nights were off to the local friends for parties - always tired on Saturday and Sunday mornings - then back to the school week.

Do not think that waste of skin could handle it

But my kids did and they are well on their way to personal success - and all are not only happy, but on best of terms with Mom and Dad.

Shows me that the computer and the private phone and the closed bedroom door has done no real good to the young kid that has nothing to do and lives in a fantasy world.

Regards

Bez+

Ah, reminds me of home...

One of my bosses still has a joke at me because apparently I 'confessed' once that sometimes I sat on my little brother and tied his arms and legs with string. I had the strength to control him. Our mother didn't - she'd worked her life till her muscles gave out.

Yes Lammie, I'd guess autism is an issue here. Wasn't diagnosed very often when we were growing up, but I'm pretty sure it's in our family. I have a brother and sister who tantrumed well into their teens.
I'm not convinced that treating autism as a disability does kids much good at all.

regolith":6nv00lfs said:
Yes Lammie, I'd guess autism is an issue here. Wasn't diagnosed very often when we were growing up, but I'm pretty sure it's in our family. I have a brother and sister who tantrumed well into their teens.
I'm not convinced that treating autism as a disability does kids much good at all

I'm not saying he's autistic, I don't know that. But he certainly does remind me of it. More than not, he's just having a fit.

If there is Autism in your family I didn't mean to offend. It can be a terrible thing.

Bez+":1xiij37g said:
peg4x4":1xiij37g said:

Hmmm. 14?

At that age I was going to school full time - up at 0500 - milked about 50 cows and did all associated chores that needed to be done - on the bus at 0730.

Home at 1700 and straight to the barn - chores done - eat supper and hit the books. Sleep came easy. Usually around 2130 - I remember the fist folks to land on the moon - I did my darndest to stay awake but could not.

Weekends were full of work

Friday and Saturday nights were off to the local friends for parties - always tired on Saturday and Sunday mornings - then back to the school week.

Do not think that waste of skin could handle it

But my kids did and they are well on their way to personal success - and all are not only happy, but on best of terms with Mom and Dad.

Shows me that the computer and the private phone and the closed bedroom door has done no real good to the young kid that has nothing to do and lives in a fantasy world.

Regards

Bez+
Yes , but that would be child abuse nowdays!! Imagine! Makeing that poor misunderstood child work for a privelage that should be his birthright! ( Which I think is about the dumbest thing America hs done to itself)

Latest posts