video commercials

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I am just about to the point where I hate this site because of the video commercials that keep coming up in the top left corner. when one is running I can't type or do anything because it keeps messing up my computer. Is there a way to stop them or do I just need to delete CattleToday.com and stay off this site. This has just started in the last few weeks. If it is my computer someone tell me how to fix it if its this site well, I don't have to have it. When these come up and will not close out it makes me feel like they are trying to put something over on me.

There are some ad blocker programs available, but you have to be careful which one you choose because some contain spyware. I remember someone here said they used one, so maybe they'll speak up and tell which one it is.

Use Firefox as your browser (NOT Internet Explorer!) and install Adblock Plus, I guess it's possible you picked up a virus too, are you running current anti-virus, I prefer AVG Free.

I can't stand to see that garbage, that will take care of it.

I have been having the same problem on a computer with firefox. It gets annoying. It keeps scrolling back to the top on me! :mad:

bigbluegrass":2o5af77g said:
It gets annoying. It keeps scrolling back to the top on me!

TO SAY THE LEAST. Tonight I am seeing adds for Tide , Alstate renter ins. , and I don't rent , Farmer Ins., Jeep, Organic foods ,Nissan Altima, Lexus - way to much for this poor boy, and to beat it all Russian woman :lol2: :lol2: I'M A HAPPY MARRIED MAN FOR 30+ YEARS AND THATS THE LAST THING I WOULD NEED IS A RUSSIAN WOMAN

M.Magis":2te1xpxm said:
I suspect some of you may have a virus/adware problem.
I'm thinking the same thing. Some of the videos automatically play but I have sound turned off so I don;t know if they are. But they don;t seem to slow down the display of the rest of the data or slow down the typing time.
I'm still running XP and IE7. I have firefox and chrome both and they suckcompared to IE7 for working with CT. Some things they are a little clearer being displayed (less confusing). But neither of them will mark a thread read after I've read it.

dun":3b9idm48 said:
M.Magis":3b9idm48 said:
I'm thinking the same thing. Some of the videos automatically play but I have sound turned off so I don;t know if they are. But they don;t seem to slow down the display of the rest of the data or slow down the typing time.
I'm still running XP and IE7.

Same here. I do not have Firefox or anything else, but I'm sure I'll need to change something soon.

I'm thinking these folks have some kind of virus on their pc as well.

I thought apple was supposed to be virus immune....this is the only site I have screen freeze problem on my iPad. Started about the same time I began experiencing the scrolling to the top in windows 7/Chrome. And yes, Microsoft updated about the same time too. Not pointing fingers but it does seem to be site specific.....

dun":1jp7s6tl said:
M.Magis":1jp7s6tl said:
I'm still running XP and IE7. I have firefox and chrome both and they suckcompared to IE7 for working with CT. Some things they are a little clearer being displayed (less confusing). But neither of them will mark a thread read after I've read it.
Dun I have Norton Antiviris and this i only site that seems to be a problem.

kenny thomas":30cgb9r8 said:
Dun I have Norton Antiviris and this i only site that seems to be a problem.
I've used AVG for years on alkl of our computers and don;t have virus problems with any of them. I had Norton on one when I got it new and it had lots of virus issues. Dumped it and went to AVG Free and like magic, no more problems.

1982vett":ug6gagm8 said:
I thought apple was supposed to be virus immune....this is the only site I have screen freeze problem on my iPad. Started about the same time I began experiencing the scrolling to the top in windows 7/Chrome. And yes, Microsoft updated about the same time too. Not pointing fingers but it does seem to be site specific.....
win7 and Chrome here. 2 laptops and a desktop unit--I see no ads.
I use Kapersky antivirus and once every 2 weeks, scan with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is free, but it is a manual app--you have to run it and update the virus definitions yourself. I use an adblocker that comes with kapersky av.
I used AVG for years, but it became a resource hog that took forever to load on startup, took forever to run a scan, and bogged my laptops down to the point of uselessness when a scheduled scan was running..I switched to Kapersky paid subscription in 2013.
I have heard good things about free Avast AV.
Norton? IMO, Norton IS a virus.

If your browser is scrolling to the top to show ads by itself, it sounds like you have adware or spyware problems, which are a little different than a worm or virus.
DL Malwarebytes and Superantispyware (also free) and run them.

One thing I do that may help on Windows... If I notice I am having weird stuff happen or things get slow I open Internet Explorer, go to the "TOOLS" icon in upper right hand corner, "Internet Options", "Programs" tab and scroll through add-ons that are enabled. If I see suspicious stuff enabled, I disable them.

Also, I will go to "start", type in "msconfig" and check what opens on start-up. I disable anything not from Microsoft or that I don't know what it is. That way nothing is running that I don't want to run. A lot of stuff automatically starts when you turn the machine on that you don't need/want running.

I use Trend Micro for antivirus and malware, adware and all that. It does searches all the time and finds nothing. This is the only site I have a problem with. When a new ad comes up, it either blocks it (then it won't scroll to the top) or it plays it. If it plays it, most of the time it scrolls to the top automatically and I lose my place. I am a slow reader, so that gets frustrating! :) I don't get on here a whole lot any more, so it isn't like it is costing me hours out of my day. Just a few minutes to scroll back down. Maybe I need to get an ad blocker that blocks all of the ads and not just some of them. I have no idea how the Trend Micro adblocker figures out which ones to block but it blocks about half or more of the ads - probably the Russian chicks one, since I have never seen that:)