Victoria cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy

Reaction score
Anyone still using Victoria bulls or cows? Basically 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Brahman composite. I thought they will makes great cattle with Brahman blood for cold climates.

My brother had several back in the day. He purged all the ear from his herd a long time ago though. I personally thought it was the best cows he had. I've always thought a homo black simmental bull would add enough heterosis to be interesting. The ear'd be down there at 1/8 and be black hided.

"Victorian Cattle" are a cross raised by Bob McCan here on the gulf coast. They are tough as nails cattle that will pack on the pounds but are big country cattle. There are videos of the ranch swimming them across the intracoastal to graze the islands.

Not sure why you would want them up north unless you have some rough country. The bulls across a herd of straight Hereford might do ok and could add some durability.

Better be a bulk buyer and get your name on the list. They have a slew of buyers that come in and buy 20, 30, 50 bulls a year. They usually get first pick.

Brute 23":uhpb4l1i said:
"Victorian Cattle" are a cross raised by Bob McCan here on the gulf coast. They are tough as nails cattle that will pack on the pounds but are big country cattle. There are videos of the ranch swimming them across the intracoastal to graze the islands.

Not sure why you would want up north
unless you have some rough country. The bulls across a herd of straight Hereford might do ok and could add some durability.

Better be a bulk buyer and get your name on the list. They have a slew of buyers that come in and buy 20, 30, 50 bulls a year. They usually get first pick.

Careful Brute. Comments like that may have fellers questioning your status as a brimmer pimp! :D

bball":1pe2sfz0 said:
Brute 23":1pe2sfz0 said:

unless you have some rough country. The bulls across a herd of straight Hereford might do ok and could add some durability.

Careful Brute. Comments like that may have fellers questioning your status as a brimmer pimp! :D

Guess I should be more specific. :D I don't know why you would specifically want Victorian Cattle when you can get Brafords, Brangus, Beefmaster, etc all probably fairly close to you that are more acclimated already.

callmefence":1w7zyzev said:
I'm putting a f1 braford bull on a dozen Hereford cows as we speak. Didn't know they were called Victoria's.
Now I know...........

You going to be selling any of the heifers?

Brute 23":1tg2sey6 said:
bball":1tg2sey6 said:
Brute 23":1tg2sey6 said:

Guess I should be more specific. :D I don't know why you would specifically want Victorian Cattle when you can get Brafords, Brangus, Beefmaster, etc all probably fairly close to you that are more acclimated already.
I'd rather have something that is less than 30% Brahman blood.

callmefence":tncmwiei said:
Rafter S":tncmwiei said:
callmefence":tncmwiei said:
I'm putting a f1 braford bull on a dozen Hereford cows as we speak. Didn't know they were called Victoria's.
Now I know...........

Yes sir. That is the plan.

I might like to come take a look at them if you don't mind, unless you already have a buyer.

Rafter S":11f3gbwc said:
callmefence":11f3gbwc said:
Rafter S":11f3gbwc said:

Yes sir. That is the plan.

I might like to come take a look at them if you don't mind, unless you already have a buyer.

Anytime..
We're just getting the cows with the bull
Calves will be strung out through next summer. As some are just now calving Angus and Hereford calves. And some are wide open. Next year should get a tighter group.
Your welcome anytime to come look.

cattleman99":2sb6zwuw said:
Why would you want Brahman influenced cattle up North? Unless your program includes rodeo stock. Makes no sense?
High percentage Brahman influenced cattle in northern regions doesn't make sense but low percentage Brahman influenced cattle do make sense and they handle harsh winters better than most brimmer composites. Better heat tolerance in hot summers where there is no trees, good longevity, good females and probably better wean weights. Plus low Brahman influenced cattle don't add much ear in the calves when crossbreeding with northern cattle so no dockage on the calves at the sale barns. Hence my interest into Victoria cattle.

Adams ranch in Florida has a ABEEF composite that would be worth checking out

Muddy":375z4bae said:
Anyone still using Victoria bulls or cows? Basically 3/4 Hereford 1/4 Brahman composite. I thought they will makes great cattle with Brahman blood for cold climates.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7t51JXprp0

Clay Nohavitza at Cowboy Sales sells them. Buy one of his Maine bulls with a group of Victoria cows and laugh all the way to the bank, Muddy

Brute 23":1vedmheh said:
You can buy direct and have hundreds of bulls to choose from. Clay is just a cattle peddler and will charge you extra to deal with his bs.

McFaddin Enterprises
361-572-8031

Isn't that how capitalism works? Somebody provides a service and suddenly he is a bs peddler? The guy deals with large herds around here that wouldn't sell Muddy a cow unless Muddy bought the whole herd. The internet has brainwashed people into believing they have to eliminate the middlemen. A lifetime of experience is no longer necessary for any decisions. Just buy direct.

Muddy wasn't being serious. He was looking for an argument.

Latest posts