Vette, Opportunity is Knocking

Help Support CattleToday:

I was outside a little while ago and saw some lightning. Then I felt a drop of moisture hit me on the lips but there isn't a cloud in the sky. :???: Anyone know what what bat pi$$ tastes like?

Jogeephus":30a6cueg said:
I was outside a little while ago and saw some lightning. Then I felt a drop of moisture hit me on the lips but there isn't a cloud in the sky. :???: Anyone know what what bat pi$$ tastes like?

Been so long since I drank any I clean forgot. :D

Jogeephus":3lkfj3zj said:
Maybe that was the sun spitting in your eye....and missed.... :p

I know how to handle raising cattle during a drought year. We do that alot out here.
What I need a consultant for is to teach me how to raise cattle when it's still raining in JUNE???
My irrigated pastures are all out of whack from not getting enough heat. Most years we've had a week at 100+ and so far we haven't gotten out of the eighties. Hay is through the roof because of the late start and will stay that way into next year.
Almost without exception here, a really wet winter is followed by a cow-killing summer scorcher complete with fire and this year we have tons of feed on the hills to burn.

1982vett":1vcx2qup said:
Maybe that was the sun spitting in your eye....and missed....

Haven't resorted to that yet. Been trying to play fair and by the rules but it looks like I may have to pull out the old Mojo mother nature.

My wife and I are going to stay in the cow business, come rain or shine. Found some good hay for 100$ a ton delivered. Still want to learn how to grow grass in 100* and no rain though. The heat is bad here, my 3 acre pond is losing 1" of water a day.

Latest posts