Veterans Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Already did. I took my son a cupa joe at work and told him how much I appreciated his service.

Happy Veteran's Day to all that served and a big o thank you. :tiphat:

I always "make" my kids call my dad to thank him (he's a Vietnam vet) every year. The kids don't really understand yet the importance (14 and 12 year old's just aren't wired that way), but one look at my dad's face and I understand completely. And it costs nothing!

The guest speakers at our school's Veterans Day assembly were two young men from the school that had just recently returned from a 367 day deployment to Iraq. Being a small school with only about 600 students K-12, this was a very big deal. Sure made me feel proud to think that I may have had a positive influence on one or both of them. The Army brought out the man in them. Truth be known, they are the teachers, showing us the reasons to not give up on our kids. Wasn't a Vet myself but my dad was an Air Force man, Father-in-Law was an Army man, and two of my sons were Navy men. To them and all who served and are still serving, Thanks and may God bless and keep each of you safe to fight for us another day!

Let's honor all who have served our great country, past and present...
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ! :tiphat:

I got a call from the VA regional office here to let me know that they were working on Dad's claim and should get it done pretty quick, given his age and condition. I'm grateful that a real person called and that everyone from the VA and Congressman Edwards' office has been so kind and helpful. I called the congressional office to see if I could get his claim on the fast track. So far, so good. Dad never tried to get anything from the VA all these years and I figure he's due.

Dad built gliders in WW2 for the D-Day invasion and Operation Market Garden. A little known part of the history of that war. After that, they went to ship him to fight Japanese but the war ended before he got there.