Vet Tech Student - Help!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
kathy":343rk3le said:
this doesn't have anything to do with the subject intended, but instead agreeing with milkmaid in the fact that some should not be so hard on others especially the newer ones. I thought that this was supposed to be an informative site, discussion board not a place to be slammed for your lack of knowledge in which you are trying to obtain. Sorry but some are just to critical of ones who really are seeking good advice.

Kathy, I understand where you're coming from, but I also think you need to try to understand where the experienced cattlemen and women are coming from as well. The cattle business is a hard business and one does not make it if one is not tough, resourceful, determined, and adaptable. More often than not, there is no time for phrasing things 'correctly' when something goes wrong where cattle are concerned. Because of that, whats needs to be said is said in the shortest, bluntest terms possible - it might save a life, be it animal or human. Do this on a daily basis and it's hard to get out of. Just my thoughts.

kathy":3c5f8uao said:
this doesn't have anything to do with the subject intended, but instead agreeing with milkmaid in the fact that some should not be so hard on others especially the newer ones. I thought that this was supposed to be an informative site, discussion board not a place to be slammed for your lack of knowledge in which you are trying to obtain. Sorry but some are just to critical of ones who really are seeking good advice.

kathy...milkmaid ,

Good for you in trying to make this a ..kinder and gentler board.

I guess we must understand that they wouldn't say it to your face. Also, hubby or wife produces that personality because of close encounters of the inhibiting kind. Thus, the need for a release or a valium refill. Notwithstanding the possibility of a napoleonic syndrome.

preston39":3hn5sqt6 said:
kathy":3hn5sqt6 said:

kathy...milkmaid ,

I guess we must understand that they wouldn't say it to your face. Also, hubby or wife produces that personality because of close encounters of the inhibiting kind. Thus, the need for a release or a valium refill. Notwithstanding the possibility of a napoleonic syndrome.

I beg to differ, Preston. The people in reference here would say it to anyone's face - in a heartbeat! It's just the way they are and the life they live. I also take exception to the 'hubby or wife' comment as that has little, if anything, to do with it in the vast majority of cases. Perhaps it's you who suffers from the Napoleonic Syndrome?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a 'kinder and gentler' profession. It requires people with staying power and lots of bottom.

this really has nothing to due with be the rough tough kind or mousie either, it's about trying to get good information from the ones who know those who are new are trying to learn, take it as a good thing instead of a bother, that they ask your advice. Where did you start? Everybody has to learn somehow.

theblueakita":3reejazr said:
I was just wondering if anyone here could explain to me what "flushing" actually is. It would be greatly appreciated, I missed the day in class that we discussed this.

Thanks!

Seems to me you should be hittin the books instead of asking someone to do your homework, seems like the lazy way out.

Thank you for reinforcing the idea that I should NEVER ASK ANYONE FOR HELP ON FORUMS.

I am getting more and more angry because of you people and your stupid little comments-- if it weren't for people like me and Veterinarians themselves, you would have a bunch of uneducated MORONS tending to YOUR ANIMALS.

I'm sorry for NEVER HAVING BEEN AROUND CATTLE in my life, and I'm sorry for thinking that people aren't always assholes to you JUST BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR HELP.

I'm also sorry that I am 18, just out of highschool, and this is my first freaking semester in vet tech. I have only ever been around dogs, cats, rodents, and horses, so for all of you who think that this sh*t is easy for me, you can go get a life. This Vet Tech program IS NOT EASY and WAS NOT EASY TO GET INTO.

Hit the books? How about you pay the $800 for the books like I did, and then not find a single damned thing in any of them that refers to flushing? Do you honestly think that all students are lazy as*es who say, "Uhh, i don't feel like looking this up so i'll just ask these ppl huh huh!!"

NO. I spent about two hours looking for the subject, and in case I forgot to mention it, I WAS WORKING ON AN EXAM. Oh yeah, just so you can throw it back in my face: I've already stated that I had an idea of what it was from the research I had done, I just wanted a good definition from someone that I knew could give me one. I said the exact same thing in a previous post in this thread, if you'd like to look for it.

I hate joining forums regarding things that I need help with, because people either give you as*hole responses or they completely ignore you for not being a part of their community and "intruding". That simple fact should tell you that I had to have been DESPERATE in order to take the time to register and activate an account here to ask a simple question.

I'm sorry if this message offends anyone, but it offends me that anyone in their right mind would blatantly shoot down someone else's dreams and confidence.

To the rest of you who are actually responding to my question with a serious answer:

Thank you very much, you are the kind of people that remind me why I am not completely ashamed of being a part of the human species.

theblueakita":2mkrx8pj said:
Thank you for reinforcing the idea that I should NEVER ASK ANYONE FOR HELP ON FORUMS.

I am getting more and more angry because of you people and your stupid little comments-- if it weren't for people like me and Veterinarians themselves, you would have a bunch of uneducated MORONS tending to YOUR ANIMALS.

I'm sorry for NEVER HAVING BEEN AROUND CATTLE in my life, and I'm sorry for thinking that people aren't always be nice to you JUST BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR HELP.

I'm also sorry that I am 18, just out of highschool, and this is my first freaking semester in vet tech. I have only ever been around dogs, cats, rodents, and horses, so for all of you who think that this sh*t is easy for me, you can go get a life. This Vet Tech program IS NOT EASY and WAS NOT EASY TO GET INTO.

Hit the books? How about you pay the $800 for the books like I did, and then not find a single damned thing in any of them that refers to flushing? Do you honestly think that all students are lazy as*es who say, "Uhh, i don't feel like looking this up so i'll just ask these ppl huh huh!!"

NO. I spent about two hours looking for the subject, and in case I forgot to mention it, I WAS WORKING ON AN EXAM. Oh yeah, just so you can throw it back in my face: I've already stated that I had an idea of what it was from the research I had done, I just wanted a good definition from someone that I knew could give me one. I said the exact same thing in a previous post in this thread, if you'd like to look for it.

I hate joining forums regarding things that I need help with, because people either give you as*hole responses or they completely ignore you for not being a part of their community and "intruding". That simple fact should tell you that I had to have been DESPERATE in order to take the time to register and activate an account here to ask a simple question.

I'm sorry if this message offends anyone, but it offends me that anyone in their right mind would blatantly shoot down someone else's dreams and confidence.

To the rest of you who are actually responding to my question with a serious answer:

Thank you very much, you are the kind of people that remind me why I am not completely ashamed of being a part of the human species.
Miss Akita, I don't know which catagory you are putting me in , the part that makes you ashamed to be part of the human race or the part that doesn't . Doesn't matter much but if you get this worked up over this thread you'll have a difficult time with some of us old men when you make a mistake working on our stock. When I look you in the eye and ask why you missdiagnosed a illness or lost a cow and cost me money and you still want paid you better bite your tongue or the business won't hold much future for you. I realize you are young but growing up is something we all must do. If you go into a large animal practice most of your clients will know more than you for a while. You need to learn to be more reserved. Life isn't easy and the cow business is the worst end of tough. Grit your teeth and get it done on your own but if and when you need help from someone put your hat in your hand and lower your chin a little. There is nothing wrong with asking questions but scolding someone for some barely sarcastic answer is childish. Good luck in vet school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts