Vet School Info

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
I remember a while back someone mentioned something that the government was trying to do to encourage people to take large animal vet programs at college. Someone posted that the government wanted to pay for schooling and shorten the program to help the vet shortage.

What Im asking is if anyone knows anything else about this, if they went through with it, and any info about it. I am currently applying for college and trying to get into a vet school and I cant find anything on this.

in a lot of the colleges it's harder to get into vet school than it is medical school.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1yuwjlsl said:
I remember a while back someone mentioned something that the government was trying to do to encourage people to take large animal vet programs at college. Someone posted that the government wanted to pay for schooling and shorten the program to help the vet shortage.

What Im asking is if anyone knows anything else about this, if they went through with it, and any info about it. I am currently applying for college and trying to get into a vet school and I cant find anything on this.

Well, if you want to get into vet school you had better apply to every one in the country. It is VERY competitive, very selective and unless you have the marks, some strong references and an excellent resume you may be waiting for some time.

Forget the additionals at this time and start building your case for the schools you want to apply to. Worry about the programs and so on - AFTER you get accepted. In fact the schools will be happy to help you do your searches for money - but only after you are a registered student.

Best of luck to you.

Bez!

TxCoUnTrYbOy":2rr1xrmg said:

I never applied but hear that TAM does not care about the shortage. They go for quality not quantity. The way it should be.

Scotty