Versatile 4400 HydroStatic Swather - Engine Troubles

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
Good day all,
If anyone has some knowledge/experience with the Ford Inline 6 in these Versatile 4400 Swathers, I'd sure appreciate some help. I've got 200 acres of swath grazing to cut and I've been working on this swather all morning to no avail.

I've got fuel, but no spark. Tried arking a spark plug to the block while turning the engine over and there's nothing. Tried a different spark plug - still nothing. I have no experience with points and such in the distributor cap, and I do not think my chances are good of finding another dist. cap like this one to replace it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
PC.

Take the distributor cap off and check to see if the points are breaking and and has a spark when they do break. Bad condensor or bad coil.

Red Bull Breeder":2mjuxhdg said:
Take the distributor cap off and check to see if the points are breaking and and has a spark when they do break. Bad condensor or bad coil.
Or a bad wire to or from the coil. For obscue it could be a ballisting resistor. Most of the time it's the coil or the condensor and usually the coil or something to do with the coil.

Well, interesting day. THOUGHT I had fuel, guess I was wrong. Had fuel to the fuel filter - inline filter - but it wasn't pumping. Fuel pump is shot after all. Of course, I discovered this after spending the day replacing the points, condenser, plugs and various other things, including a bunch of wiring from the ignition. Got spark everywhere I wanted it, and at about 10 to 5 pulled the fuel pump off and realized it's dry.

So now I can't get one ordered until tomorrow, which means I won't have it until Thursday. Baahhh!!!

Oh well, there are worse things in life...... ;-)

Latest posts