Vermeer Wheel rake

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
I have always had a bar rake but my son just traded /bought a 10 wheel Rebel 220 Vermeer rake. Any of you know anything about these rakes-positives, negatives?

wheel rakes are great rakes.you just have to set them to the way you want the hay raked.theres adjustments at the rake wheels.as well as adjustments at the rake arms.set the width to suit your syle an rake hay.

Dad has a Vermeer 8 wheel caddy-type rake like the one your son just bought. Works good except in real heavy hay, will bunch up under the support arms and make a huge knot in the back. You can take the pins with the clevis-type retainer clips out and put bolts in upside down with locknuts on top if it turns out to be a problem for you. For the money, they're a great rake, I'd suggest tying the back wheels together when you raise them and go down the road. I smacked a yuppy car with his one time on a narrow bridge.

I've got a 10 wheel frame type Vermeer that folds horizontally instead of vertical. Biggest plus is you can adjust raking width as you drive and I've yet to plug it. It also hugs the ground a little better and folds down to 8' wide for towing. Biggest complaint is it binds up in the folded position and is hard to start spreading out without a few jerks from the tractor.

Both good rakes, but the latter is more versatile.

Good choice. Make sure that you keep some extra "fingers" on hand for the rake. Should cost you around $2.00 or less for replacement fingers. As you use the rake, you will wear out and break the fingers.