Vermeer Round Balers

Help Support CattleToday:

ironpeddler":2bvpukp5 said:
There is no question that there is a nefarious agenda by the poster on Ranchers.net. We sell 3 ply Legg belts all day long for US$1,195 for the Vermeer 605XL baler, and I know 3 other Internet dealers selling belts at close to the same prices. That posting just does not pass the smell test.

Except for we're not in the US, we're Canadian. 9 years ago, belts for my 5510 Hesston run me almost $2000, and those were for cheap 2 ply. The custom guy next door replaced his BR780 belts last year and it run him a hair over $3200, and he gets a price discount based on his buying new balers every year or two. Buying off the internet is ok, however delivery into small town Saskatchewan would be expensive, likely in the $500 neighborhood for something of that bulk and weight. And until recently, the US buck was 1.65 x that of the Canuck buck. So 1195 x 1.65 + 500 = 2471 plus the GST, so ~$2700. A fair distance away from the $3500 posted, however many small town dealers also get middleman'ed to death, so I don't find the $3500 too far out in left field.

Rod

Diamond S- NH 688 (664, BR 780) are regular priced at $250 C. a belt - on special now @ $230 x 8 belts=$1840.Endless belts are over double that however! These are current advertised NH dealer prices.

ironpeddler":n7knrtlk said:
DiamondSCattleCo":n7knrtlk said:
ironpeddler":n7knrtlk said:
The dealer you talked to must have some other agenda than selling balers. I can tell you the Vermeer balers work and have no more problems than any other make being sold. You either talked to the wrong person or that dealer needs his Vermeer dealership removed. Vermeer originated the large round baler and still leads the industry in round baler technology. If any brand has bad dealer, then for sure that MFG will suffer in market penetration in that trade area.

Dunno, but it strikes me as odd that this dealer is good to excellent on every other brand they sell. Its possible of course, but I find it tough to believe they'd be so weak on only one single line of equipment.

Anyway, I don't want to debate the point as my experience isn't first hand, so I won't grind on it.

Just for interests sake, here's the Ranchers thread on Vermeer balers: http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11222

Just out of curiosity, what kind of max ground speed can you expect from a Vermeer when baling 3 ton/acre alfalfa on smooth ground? I'd want to see minimum 1800 lb bales.

Rod

Any Newer Vermeer baler will take hay in the 8-12 MPH without the bale quality suffering. The 605 XL or 605 M is going to produce bales in the 2000-2400 range depending on the moisture level 12-20%. If the moisture is above that then the bales will weight even more.

There is no question that there is a nefarious agenda by the poster on Ranchers.net. We sell 3 ply Legg belts all day long for US$1,195 for the Vermeer 605XL baler, and I know 3 other Internet dealers selling belts at close to the same prices. That posting just does not pass the smell test.
I really like my vermeer 605xl no baler can beat it as far as i am concerned and i have proven it in the field agains't other manufactures balers.They defiantly do have a belting problem though,i wish i could figure out what is causing the lacings to tear out.Then the baler would be perfect.I found one of the last new xl's sitting on a lot last year,they hadn't been able to sell it and it was a 2003 model.I got it for a reasonable price so i bought it.I was just over half done haying last year and had 1000 rounds made,when the first set of belts went.The dealership said they must have been faulty belts,so they gave me new belts under warranty.After i was done baling another 1000 round hay bales,and 300 round straw bales the lacing was starting to go again.When i was done baling for the year,i phoned the dealership and told them to pick up the baler,and to relace the belts again,the lacing was starting to tear out again.The belts were relaced again,and i am done baling my alfalfa and i am almost done baling my greenfeed this year,and i still have my straw left to bale,and it is going to be touch and go if the lacing on these belts will last until i am done baling.The neighbour and i do most of the baling together,and he bought a 605xl new in the fall of 2003 and his baler was what convinced me i wanted a 605xl.In 2005 he started having belting problems,halfway through haying his lacing went,so he got the lacing done at a local agriculture parts store.They didn't even last 2 weeks and the lacing went again,then he bought brand new belts from the vermeer dealership.That set lasted until we were 1/3 done haying this year,he priced a new set of belts this year and they were $4300 for the complete set for a 605xl.He also liked that baler besides the belt problem,but he said it was time to go,the baler was reliable but you couldn't keep belts on it.He traded it in on a new vermeer m,so that baler defiantly didn't sour him on vermeer balers.We aren't pushing these balers either,in fact we are being very easy on them and the lacing is still tearing out.We are running the monitors so we are only making 67 inch bales and we have the pressures turned back,just so the bales are light and not so hard on the belts.I talked to another farmer,and he was having the same problem with his 605xl,so there defiantly is a problem with the belts.The balers work perfect,the monitor is second to none,but can you tell me why is the lacing pulling out?
P.s. You said that the poster on ranchers.net had a nefarious agenda.I don't think so,Shelly is the wife of the neighbour that i do all my baling with,so i know it is all truth.So before you accuse someone of lying,or not being able to pass the smell test.You better get your facts straight!! I don't take kindly to anyone saying,my best friend lie's!!!!

cowsense":2byfev0b said:
Diamond S- NH 688 (664, BR 780) are regular priced at $250 C. a belt - on special now @ $230 x 8 belts=$1840.Endless belts are over double that however! These are current advertised NH dealer prices.

Thanks cowsense. I wonder if we're finally seeing better pricing now due to the improved dollar?

Rod

Ther are two basic styles of lacing available.
1. Clipper lacing hooks-
Clipper.jpg

2. Plate Style- Alligator Rivet shown
Alligator_Rivet.jpg

Forget what the Baler MFG say use the Plastic coated Stainless Steel lacing cable. The solid pins will break and come out. Also the pins do not distribute shock loads evenly across the belt like the cable does. When using the pins they tend to put the most stress on the outside edges. We have been lacing baler belts since 1972 and have sold over 4000 round balers. Yes we are Vermeer dealers but it is not uncommon to see NH, JD and Hesston balers in our shops for belt maintenance.

Latest posts