Vermeer MC3700 vs. JD MOCO 835

Help Support CattleToday:

Currently have an MC840 that is a pile of junk. No shear point in the cutter bar, breaks everything all to pieces if you get into something.

We demoed an MC3700 and it was by far a better machine, the cutter bar actually has an engineered shear point, and the suspension works very well.

I like the Vermeer blade clips over anything else.

Atimm693":33fsqtxa said:
Currently have an MC840 that is a pile of junk. No shear point in the cutter bar, breaks everything all to pieces if you get into something.

What are you hitting that damages the cutterbar? I've got an old 7120 with basically the same cutterbar and it's been a great machine. I've ran t-posts through it with no damage to the bar or steel rollers, and jerked a 300 lb rock out of the ground with it one time.

cfpinz":13j26btk said:
Atimm693":13j26btk said:

What are you hitting that damages the cutterbar? I've got an old 7120 with basically the same cutterbar and it's been a great machine. I've ran t-posts through it with no damage to the bar or steel rollers, and jerked a 300 lb rock out of the ground with it one time.

Rocks, mainly. Last year one about the size of a football broke the teeth on one of the upper gears. Thankfully the lower drive was okay.

IMO making a mower without a shear point is idiotic, mowers are gonna hit stuff, that's just a fact of life, and it should not take several thousand dollars and 5+ hours of downtime to repair it.

Latest posts