vermeer disk mower

Help Support CattleToday:

cadecar

Reaction score
Ive been looking at a Vermeer 7040 <9ft disk mower>and have not seen many around.Does anyone know of any issuses with these machines.Thanks

We have a 10' vermeer cutter we bought 2 years ago. Prior to that we had a New Holland 9' cutter that simply wore out. Hubby really likes the Vermeer, he says it hangs tough in the thick stuff and doesn't get bogged down. We have had no problems with it. He can cut abouut 4 acres an hour with it depending on how bad the hogs have done in the field.

The Vermeer baler was a whole nother story......

i can tell you this weve had 2 disc cutters a 1 mow/co in 28yrs.the mow/co about 14yrs the case disc mower lasted 13yrs.the krone cutter we kept for 5yrs.an it maybe still going today.im looking at vermeer cutters an rakes as well as kuhne cutters an rakes.

504 M Classic made in 2010 bought it new

Could not do 2 jobs in a row without a breakdown. Mostly bearings. First bearing went out when we had rolled about 150 bales. In 2011 we spent $2600 in repairs "after" the 1 year warranty went out. In 2012 we spent $3300. Then there was the time that the clutch broke in two--come to find out it was tack welded together to begin with. Threw a fit on that one and got the bill reduced to the overnight shipping charge for the parts and free labor. Can't tell you how many bearings we had to replace but it was pretty much every single one. Occasionally we had the smoking or flaming bale because of bearings going out or getting hot.

We're pulling a green one now.

LauraleesFarm":2m56skvj said:
504 M Classic made in 2010 bought it new

Could not do 2 jobs in a row without a breakdown. Mostly bearings. First bearing went out when we had rolled about 150 bales. In 2011 we spent $2600 in repairs "after" the 1 year warranty went out. In 2012 we spent $3300. Then there was the time that the clutch broke in two--come to find out it was tack welded together to begin with. Threw a fit on that one and got the bill reduced to the overnight shipping charge for the parts and free labor. Can't tell you how many bearings we had to replace but it was pretty much every single one. Occasionally we had the smoking or flaming bale because of bearings going out or getting hot.

We're pulling a green one now.

Thanks, My next one will not be yellow after seeing that. Seems to me any reputable manufacturer would have given you some relief with that much trouble. Maybe they figure they will get someone else to buy the next one and not be concerned with resales.

I've got a Vermeer TM800 - 10'6" swath. Had it for about 6 yrs and I 'm very happy with it. If the field allows it you can mow up to 7 mph. Never bogged it down even cutting hay that rolled 5 bales an acre. That was 4 years ago, hasn't rained enough to get near that recently.

We've got a 90's model Fella cutter that has held up pretty well, but is an absolute pain to hook up. (it's a 3-point hitch model) How's the vermeer for hooking up by yourself, or other models you guys have out there. Do y'all prefer a cart for 3-point hitch models? What about the towing model of cutters that resemble the mower conditioners? They seem like they have more parts to service and break? I'm looking to replace the Fella which is why i'm asking all these questions.

if we buy another 3pt disc mower next year i fully intend for it tobe on a caddy.an that allows you to hookup an go in less than 10mins.

Latest posts