vermeer 505 super I

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
what is the best way to twist belts on the front of a vermeer 505 super I? mine are all straight now but im told you can twist them to see inside the chamber to see bale for better and to keep hay from building up on the edge of the baler which is what im wanting to elimate. i have seen the outside and i have seen all the belts twisted on other balers just not sure how is the best way to put the twist in it.
in the manual it says it is standard for twisted belts, also it says it extends belt life.thanks for the help.

I have a 505I that came with twisted belts. The twisted belts were a problem as they would twist other places in the baler besides the front. I put the belts straight added restrictor plates and as you can see in this pics as the parts right above the big roller on each side. That done away with bout 95%+ of the hay build up problem on each side. All these balers need restrictor plates in them as they make them easier to pull, less stress on the baler and helps with the hay build up. Here is a picture of the restrictor plates below the baler.

$_3.JPG

These will fit you baler..............
http://www.ebay.com/itm/82365-001-A-New ... SwiLdWBv6-

s-l300.jpg

My 504L came with twisted belts but I took the twist out, figured it had to be hard on lacings. But that baler would eat lacings on a regular basis regardless.

jl's baler above doesn't have the restrictor plates installed in the picture, they use the holes about 6" above the crescent shaped steel pieces just above the bottom drum roller. I've always ran them long enough to wear the paint off the walls, then removed them - mainly because I think the rolls have prettier sides with them removed.

jl - your baler must be a later I series. Dad bought one of the early 504I's and it had a square starter roller. My L has the same spiral roller as yours above and I love that thing, it's a lot more aggressive than the one in my M.

The only way to put the twist in the 7" belts is slack off the belts and pull the cable at the splice and flip one side half over. Then work it to the front side of the baler. Helps a little bit, but if you plug the baler badly sometimes it will "move" the twist to the top! Don't twist the 14" belts

coalburner":26evyt2t said:
The only way to put the twist in the 7" belts is slack off the belts and pull the cable at the splice and flip one side half over. Then work it to the front side of the baler. Helps a little bit, but if you plug the baler badly sometimes it will "move" the twist to the top! Don't twist the 14" belts

That is why I untwisted mine, and I didn't have to plug it for the twist to move to a different place. Also I had to cut the belts off as from the factory they are longer with the twist or that was what Carter and Carter told me.

Latest posts