vermeer 504i silage baler belt problem

Help Support CattleToday:

ed2you said:
belts track to right side
I am by no means an expert but, a bad bearing could cause belts to derail. Rotate all rolls by hand and inspect for loose bearings or evidence of heating. Or it could be that one of the rollers needs to be adjusted and make sure the belts are routed correctly.

My 505I has tensioners on each side of the bottom roll on the gate. These can be adjusted to make belts track straight.

This is all given that a bearing isn't bad and the belts are all the same length.

Adjust the roller behind as stated above. If the belts are tracking to the right adjust the left side of the roller behind. Turn adjustment screw clockwise. If tracking to the left adjust the roller on the right side turning the adjustment screw clockwise. You have to think back azzward adjusting those.

jltrent said:
Adjust the roller behind as stated above. If the belts are tracking to the right adjust the left side of the roller behind. Turn adjustment screw clockwise. If tracking to the left adjust the roller on the right side turning the adjustment screw clockwise. You have to think back azzward adjusting those.
I do not see adjustment screw must be looking in wrong spot

On a silage 504 there should be three rollers on the tailgate. I believe it is the center roller that has slotted holes where it mounts to the sides of the tailgate (one of them does). Assuming you have no bearing issues and the belts are the same length you should be able to adjust the tracking with this roller.

No a lot of time very little help right now as the first post I was trying to go from memory and that is not to good. (think I told you how to adjust a NH I adjusted lol) If your baler is like this "I" baler I made you a copy out of the manual and took pictures . THey did change the I baler some along so yours maybe different. ALso if the tracking has just gotten off recently I would check all bearings, maybe door warped etc. before I started messing with the chamber squareness settings. Picture 71 shows you how to change so I would mark original settings and move a little at a time to see if it helps.

Here is out of the manual.......
BqnPtmU.jpg

Here are pictures of were to adjust squareness if everything else checks out....I remember the guy at Carter and Carter telling me this adjustment was mainly if the bale is not baling across the top of the bale square.

lFmDuXW.jpg

nTWPHL3.jpg