Vermeer 504C hay roller

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I found one for sale locally for $1000 and the ad says it needs new belts and that is all. Is this a good deal?

Googled - vermeer 504c

I think the baler you are talking about popped up on craigslist. Just looking at the picture, looks good for a 20 - 25 year old baler. Might be worth taking a look at.

Suggest you google it also, several sites look like they might have some good advice along with the cost of new belts.

Learned to bale on a 605c, 10 years old at the time. Pretty finicky balers, I'd rather spend 4 or 5 grand on newer series ("i" and later) baler than a thousand bucks on that one.

Be sure to check out the pickup. I think that was the biggest problem with those old vermeer rollers, especially if somebody happened to catch one side on a fence post or something. The sides would spread and the rollers would jump out of their tracks. Noisy as a jack in a tin barn.

tncattle":1cvsqc5m said:
I found one for sale locally for $1000 and the ad says it needs new belts and that is all. Is this a good deal?
You can go to any local auction and purchase that baler in better than average condition for $1000 or less. A Set of belts is the worth of the baler. Also what is the condition of the rubber roller? The best thing about this bale is 30 PTO HP will pull this baler easy but your hay has to be 12% or less moisture content or it will not bale moist hay.