Vegas shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

Bad deal all the way around.. Yes that's also why I avoid big events. They are on CNN talking about how bad semi auto assault rifles are.

callmefence":1n5gbeoo said:
Bad bad deal. Why I don't go to events like this. A cc hand gun wouldn't have been much use here..bad bad deal.

Its inevitable, there will be limits on the types of arms that a citizen can bear. Might take years or more events like this, but restrictions are coming. A Nation cannot tolerate events like this.

Regarding the level of protection provided by being armed: you are correct. In fact, even faced with equal power, if an assailant is motivated and calculating, being armed is no defense. There is no defense from an assassin, lone wolf or ambush.

skyhightree1":3hp7u7t2 said:
Bad deal all the way around.. Yes that's also why I avoid big events. They are on CNN talking about how bad semi auto assault rifles are.
Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.

TN Cattle Man":3csppewa said:
skyhightree1":3csppewa said:
Reports that I heard this morning are saying that the shooter was using a fully automatic weapon.

They are not illegal as I understand it. Here is the link:

http://www.oldglorygunsandammo.com/nfa- ... i-weapons/

Class III NFA Weapons / Title 2 firearms are not as commonly known nor as straight forward as the Title 1 firearms. All class III / title 2 weapons fall into 1 of 6 different categories.

1) Machineguns,

2) Short Barreled Rifles (SBRs),

3) Short Barreled Shotguns (SBSs),

4) Suppressors,

5) Any Other Weapon (AOWs) and

6) Destructive Devices.

All title 2 firearms are regulated by what's known as the National Firearm Act or what we refer to as NFA. One could spend months reading about NFA but I'll hit the major misconceptions… which are, contrary to the assumptions by many individuals AND even law enforcement, that NFA weaponry …

1) Is legal in almost every state. Most all 6 categories above are allowed in just about all states within the Continental United States. A few states restrict machinegun ownership, others may restrict short barreled shotguns (SBSs) or suppressors, etc.

TN Cattle Man":36a970wo said:
skyhightree1":36a970wo said:

Fox is reporting that it was a fully automatic weapon. And the shooter had a extensive criminal record.
So the guns where already illegal.

callmefence":2pvsrzc4 said:
TN Cattle Man":2pvsrzc4 said:
skyhightree1":2pvsrzc4 said:

Fox is reporting that it was a fully automatic weapon. And the shooter had a extensive criminal record.

His rights are affected by his criminal record. However, fully automatic weapons are not illegal in all states.

callmefence":2umax55p said:
TN Cattle Man":2umax55p said:
skyhightree1":2umax55p said:

Figures CNN didn't know what they are talking about.

Bright Raven":3tzn57i3 said:
callmefence":3tzn57i3 said:
TN Cattle Man":3tzn57i3 said:

His rights are affected by his criminal record. However, fully automatic weapons are not illegal in all states.
Full auto requires a permit and an extensive background check but there are lots of them around. There is a place in KY you can go and shoot most any kind you can imagine. You pay for the ammo and the opportunity to try one under their supervision.

kenny thomas":25e8tdvn said:
Bright Raven":25e8tdvn said:
callmefence":25e8tdvn said:

Full auto requires a permit and an extensive background check but there are lots of them around. There is a place in KY you can go and shoot most any kind you can imagine. You pay for the ammo and the opportunity to try one under their supervision.

I hear them every weekend here.

Bright Raven":2nw10e8m said:
callmefence":2nw10e8m said:
TN Cattle Man":2nw10e8m said:

I'm repeating what fox reported. Although as Kenny stated. A permit is required. And it's not easy to get. It's looking like the only thing this guy could have carried legally would have been a musket.
Not to take away from the loss of human life that occurred. I am not ashamed to say thank God it was not a legally permitted person who did this.

callmefence":24q7tvpc said:
Bad bad deal. Why I don't go to events like this. A cc hand gun wouldn't have been much use here..bad bad deal.

We have a bunch of loose screws in society today. Rehab along with medication hasn't worked well we need to go back to mad dog treatment you kill it. We should do it publicly as well.
The prison system needs to return to chain gang.
This guy might have fallen through the cracks there are countless others we play catch and release with.
I think a lot of this would go away also if the 24 hour news cycle did as well they breed a lot of this crap IMO for some reason.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but there are other news sites besides Fox News. According to two other sites I looked at, the shooter has had no contact with police except for a minor traffic violation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/s ... ooter.html
• Mr. Paddock was a resident of Mesquite, Nev., about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police, said the department has had no previous contact with Mr. Paddock.

• The Las Vegas police also had nothing more than a routine traffic violation on Mr. Paddock, according to Kevin McMahill, the department's undersheriff.

This is from Fox. Not sure how this information leads to him having limited access to heavy duty firepower:
Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities," in Las Vegas. But police in Mesquite, where Paddock lived, said he never had any run-ins with officers, the Desert Valley Times reported.

Cross-7":axcfmn4f said:
Have they figured out his motive ?
Why target a Jason Aldean concert ?

Sometimes the motives are illogical fantasies. No one knows what makes these people tick. He is dead so we may never know what thoughts occupied his mind.

Stopping an assassin or lone wolf makes for good movies but in reality the strategy is limited to providing layers of surveillance and security.

Punishment is not an effective means of prevention. This guy like so many others are usually shot and killed. Punishment by death would not seem to prevent acts of this extreme nature. In fact, for some, incarceration is more of a deterrent than death. Even the episodes of going "postal" are geared toward "suicide by cop".

Gun control aimed at the fully automatic weapons might prevent some. It is not going to stop everyone capable of such an act from getting fully automatic weapons but if it prevents one act of this nature every 3 years, many would say it is worth the lost of that freedom to the few people who might legally desire a fully automatic hand or shoulder fired weapon.

Based on what I've read it's a twisted tale with more people involved and wasn't a random act.
Danley, 4'11 and 111 pounds per Sheriff Lombardo, was reportedly traveling with Paddock, and has been located by officers.

Danley is married to a man named Geary Danely, a man interested in left-wing causes.

Bestoutwest":1epdddz3 said:
I don't know if you guys know this or not, but there are other news sites besides Fox News. According to two other sites I looked at, the shooter has had no contact with police except for a minor traffic violation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/s ... ooter.html
• Mr. Paddock was a resident of Mesquite, Nev., about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police, said the department has had no previous contact with Mr. Paddock.

• The Las Vegas police also had nothing more than a routine traffic violation on Mr. Paddock, according to Kevin McMahill, the department's undersheriff.

This is from Fox. Not sure how this information leads to him having limited access to heavy duty firepower:
Federal law enforcement sources told Fox News that Paddock "was known to local authorities," in Las Vegas. But police in Mesquite, where Paddock lived, said he never had any run-ins with officers, the Desert Valley Times reported.

The news people are in such a rush to be FIRST, who knows what to believe. The news in all it's forms has failed us.

Latest posts