Vegans

Help Support CattleToday:

IGotMyWings

Reaction score
When it comes to raising cattle, I'm very small time with my mangy herd of six bovines, but I do work with what I got, and my equipment (including my truck) look like it.

Last week, I was sitting in a parking lot in Columbus, OH while my wife took a certification test for her job. As I sit there, minding my own business, in my truck which has an Angus decal in the back window, farm plates, cow mud caked in places, and a water tank and other related tools of my trade in the bed, a little black SUV pulls into the parking space next to me. I glance over at the new arrival, and I'm greeted by this...

Irony.jpg

Now, I don't know if it was a chance encounter, or if the driver noticed my truck and wanted to make a statement, but I chuckled about the irony for a few minutes, and thought I'd share with the class. I visited the website listed on the one sticker, and I found out some disturbing things! Did you all know that in order to eat beef, cattle are killed?!

Some of those PETA freaks and the like take it a little too far...ok more than a little. A neighbor of ours and a fellow farmer has a sticker that says "Save a cow eat a vegetarian" on his truck.
For some reason, my mom is a vegetarian, even though she grew up on a farm and whatnot...when i was about ten I drew a cartoon of a bunch of vegetables on protest with signs saying "veggies have feelings too!"...to say the least mum wasn't impressed but my grandmother loved it.

PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals! :lol2:

Onthebit":30icdrtf said:
What if I eat a carrot? Does it not die? :???:

If you read Tompkins book on "The Secret Life of Plants" you will see that plants talk to each other and suffer pain when damaged. Once you kick the meat habit and read and believe this book you will see the only way to live "in harmony with nature" will be not to eat either meat or plant material. Afterall, plants have feelings and emotions. It is my belief that if all these environmentalists would practice this concept the world would be a better place.

Jogeephus":5uo529iq said:
Onthebit":5uo529iq said:
What if I eat a carrot? Does it not die? :???:

If you read Tompkins book on "The Secret Life of Plants" you will see that plants talk to each other and suffer pain when damaged. Once you kick the meat habit and read and believe this book you will see the only way to live "in harmony with nature" will be not to eat either meat or plant material. Afterall, plants have feelings and emotions. It is my belief that if all these environmentalists would practice this concept the world would be a better place.

Jogee, you are priceless! :lol: :clap:

Latest posts