Vegan/Animal Rights Propaganda

Help Support CattleToday:

The reason they don't is probably because they are afraid they may rock the boat, and upset all those animal activist. You know how it goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I thing we have a major problem with most of the Colleges and Universities.

I've been looking around on Texas A&M website. I don't see a lot of useless courses here.

Why doesn't everybody contact your nearest ag university and 'contact us' ? Ask them what they are doing to counteract the bad press propaganda surounding agriculture.
That... is a great suggestion.

The reason they don't is probably because they are afraid they may rock the boat, and upset all those animal activist. You know how it goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I thing we have a major problem with most of the Colleges and Universities.
And we have to remember that urban people with no real life knowledge of agriculture are by far the majority. If we stay silent they will have no other sources of information than what they get from propaganda "documentaries".

What peeves me are adds on TV, one for some skin care creams/lotions I think called Botanica. A woman in a put on voice floating around in a loose sexy dress says they contribute to WWF with each purchase so by buying their product you are saving the planet and all the animals. It is very easy fund raising for these activists, manufactures are very keen to pay the money so they can show the support on their labels to attract the sales from the masses thinking they are saving the planet by buying the product.

Ken

I wonder what these anti animal agriculture people think is going to happen to all the livestock once and if we stopped eating beef and such. Most likely the will all be turned out to fend for themselves. For awhile the numbers will be out of control; kind of like the wild horses. They think they are saving them, but in reality a bunch will starve once the vegetation is eaten off. Not many predators can take down a cow.

Follow the money... who do they get their research dollars from? Without the research dollars, there's no college. Professors don't get paid, classes don't get offered. If you as a big corporation "donate" several hundred thousand dollars or more to a "research college", and then you want to get your product tested, with a hoped for "favorable review"... what do you think will be the result? Most of these kind of studies are ANYTHING BUT fair, independent and without bias. Most of the time, it's like being a good lawyer... you never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to it.

One of the other claims I hear from vegan/animal rights advocates is that animals in the wild live longer...

And that's easy to believe... until you think about it.

Most animals that die in the wild are killed by predators at a very young age, or succumb to weather or disease before they are mature. Most animals don't live long enough to reach sexual maturity. In any stable population, only enough animals survive to sexual maturity to replace older animals that die.

Nature is brutal to young animals. It isn't unusual for a duck to hatch out a clutch of a dozen or more eggs, and within a week all the baby ducks are gone. Feral horses on open range lose about fifty percent of their foals within the first year.

Under human care the average age of animals going to slaughter is far later than the average for similar species in the wild. And breeding animals live longer as an average too.

One of the other claims I hear from vegan/animal rights advocates is that animals in the wild live longer...

And that's easy to believe... until you think about it.

Most animals that die in the wild are killed by predators at a very young age, or succumb to weather or disease before they are mature. Most animals don't live long enough to reach sexual maturity. In any stable population, only enough animals survive to sexual maturity to replace older animals that die.

Nature is brutal to young animals. It isn't unusual for a duck to hatch out a clutch of a dozen or more eggs, and within a week all the baby ducks are gone. Feral horses on open range lose about fifty percent of their foals within the first year.

Under human care the average age of animals going to slaughter is far later than the average for similar species in the wild. And breeding animals live longer as an average too.
Ah, but Travlr, you're forgetting that the form of death in the wild is always according to a much more "humane" protocol...................:rolleyes: