Veal calves

Help Support CattleToday:

In my part of Texas I've never heard of a market for veal calves. My suggestion would be to market them yourself or if you want to sell packaged veal then there are slaughter facilities that will slaughter and inspect them. That way you can sell to restaurants and such. Good luck!

Thanks! Having them slaughtered and trying to sell the packaged meat myself is a little more involved than I would like to get but I am definitely open to any and all suggestions to market them

1 -- Contact local restaurants to see if any are interested.
2 -- Contact any 'local food' groups to see if any members are interested.
3 -- Ask anyone involved with either group 1 or 2 if they have any other ideas for your particular neck of the woods.

There used to be up around Johnson county.
I believe there's still a group of dairy operations
In the area. Cleburne sale burned down I heard.
You might check with the sales in Hamilton and meridian. They might at least be able to get you some information :welcome:

I would talk to restaurants directly. Especially those small family owned restaurants. We have one around here that prides themselves on locally sourced foods. Their prices for food is outrageous but they will buy anything you sell them. Especially if it's not a popular food item.

OwnedByTheCow":2mavcq15 said:
.....they will buy anything you sell them. Especially if it's not a popular food item.
If that restaurant was here, I'd sell them a bunch of prickly pears.

Latest posts