Varmint calls

Help Support CattleToday:

With the digital recordings they have now on CD, calls are better than ever. I have several CDs. You can get them now from several sources and all are pretty much good. There are some junk home made ones out there but the Johnny Stewart (or is it Stuart) are always good.

If you are thinking coyote, get one that has "Coyote Serenade" recorded on it to pin point the pack location, before you start enticing. Or in my case packs in the plural form. The CD should have several tracks on it including "cotton tail", "jack rabbit", and "fawn in distress". The fawn in distress call will bring them in with fury. Also, the turkey recordings work great during day light.

I have the CD box with a remote speaker. On occasions I put the coyote serenade in the pick up CD player just for fun. Packs will answer it from great distances.

Thanks backhoeboogie,thats what I am thinking about getting a Johnny Stewart electronic...........remote or hand held ?
good luck

HAY MAKER":32x8o10c said:
remote or hand held ?
good luck

Mine is just the black box with an extended speaker cable. I just repeat the track I am using. Great old friend has one with a remote control. LOL we are always looking for the remote and we can't see the buttons in the dark.

Burnham Brothers , in Marble Falls Texas if their still in business.

If you don't mind spending money, the FoxPro caller is a good one. I think the most expensive one runs around $600. Its a small unit that is easy to carry and it puts out a lot of volume. My cousin has one and he has called in a many of coyotes.

I downloaded several off a websight and burned them onto a cd. And just like me to do I lost the cd's and now can't even find the websight. And they done a good job to shot several yotes.

Cal

Absolutley love to hunt yotes! Believe me though, calling one in with a mouth call is a lot like bow hunting sporting wise. I'm glad the yotes aren't armed though.

sewall":149dqnjr said:
If you don't mind spending money, the FoxPro caller is a good one. I think the most expensive one runs around $600. Its a small unit that is easy to carry and it puts out a lot of volume. My cousin has one and he has called in a many of coyotes.

Mine makes them leave the county. Same effect as shooting just not as much fun.

Got to looking through the CDs over the weekend. In addition to Stewart's, I also have a Lohman that I like.

Mine makes them leave the county. Same effect as shooting just not as much fun.[/quote]

3 way cross, they ought to make a hog call like your coyote call - it would make all of our Texas friends happy!

Fly-guy":18aexy4i said:
Mine makes them leave the county. Same effect as shooting just not as much fun.

3 way cross, they ought to make a hog call like your coyote call - it would make all of our Texas friends happy![/quote]

If I went to Texas and started calling hogs, Oklahoma would be overun with hogs in a few hours. When I start calling it's like the pied piper in reverse. Everything leaves the country.

Do yourself a favor. When setting up for coyotes find the place in the brush where you least expect them to come out and thats where they will be. I have been busted so many times by them its scary. I have yet to have one come straight in upwind of me, they always sneak around the back or pop up from nowhere. The other bad thing is they catch on real quick. Now I think you guys get to hunt them at night, should put the advantage back in your favor. Good luck...

Latest posts