Value of sawdust bedding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Was wondering if anyone can tell me the nutrient values of sawdust bedding for the soil. I am interested in bedding with shavings or sawdust but not sure of mineral value to soil and need to know before switch from straw bedding.<p>Thanks<br>Tom
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1cvthqxl said:
: Was wondering if anyone can tell me the nutrient values of sawdust bedding for the soil. I am interested in bedding with shavings or sawdust but not sure of mineral value to soil and need to know before switch from straw bedding.<p>: Thanks<br>: Tom<p> Tom , I cannot tell you the nutrient value for your soil . Just make sure sawdust or shavings is cost effective and readily available .
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3j3szrzc said:
: Was wondering if anyone can tell me the nutrient values of sawdust bedding for the soil. I am interested in bedding with shavings or sawdust but not sure of mineral value to soil and need to know before switch from straw bedding.<p>: Thanks<br>: Tom<br>There is some nutrients in the sawdust although it is very little. The real value to soil is the added organic matter which increases water holding capacity and the carbon which helps to hold nitrogen. But straw will have both of those. It is easier to clean sawdust out of a barn than it is straw. <p>Dave<br>
<br>

Latest posts